Hello From Kentucky!

Byron

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone! I just found this site and I'm loving it! I'm Byron and my best friend's name is Toby. He's an orange DSH that I adopted from the Humane Society as a kitten just a little over 2 years ago. They believed he was from a feral litter and he had no social training with his mother. But when I went to adopt a cat, this one climbed on my shoulder and sat there. He picked me and I took him home. Best decision of my life! We were later told, though, that the Humane Society guessed wrong on his age and he was fixed about two weeks too early. He also has what the vet called, "abnormal claws." I have to have them trimmed at least once a month or they get so long that it starts to hurt his feet when he walks, not to mention the damage he can cause just by touching someone. Anyway, I look forward to discussing all things cats and more with everyone!

TobyBaby.jpg 14713560_1854354458127797_6421153838688504996_n.jpg

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Byron Byron , on behalf of The Catsite community, I warmly welcome you and Toby to TCS :wave3:

I'm tabbytom and I'm a Mentor here in Catsite. Feel free to ask questions if you have any in regards to getting around the site. I'm here to help :thumbsup:

Here are some articles to read to help you get started with the site.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Forum Rules
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions

Do check out the informative forum threads and also the many good reads in the Articles section too.

Thank you for adopting Toby and for giving him a warm and loving home :clap: He is a handsome boy :lovecat::lovecat4:
Do post photos of Toby for us to see and there's a special thread here for him Post pics of calicos, tortieshells and orange cats here!.

See ya around :wink:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi, you two. Toby is adorable! :hearthrob: Welcome to TCS--you'll find a friendly and knowledgeable community here. :agree:

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's funny how cats can chose you . My guy was so the opposite. He probably would have been fine to go home with anyone. He was playing by himself in his cage having a great time. He looked up at me and said Oh, hi, sup? and went back to playing. Sir, dude... you are not like the other cats... you are my cat.

Welcome.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Toby is so cute. My furbaby is also orange :). See you around!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A big welcome to both you and the handsome Mr. Toby!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's so cute. Did it cause him any problems because they neutered him too early?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! Toby is just a little doll, isn't he? We're glad to have you here.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Byron! We're glad you and Toby found us, and we hope you'll stick around for many years to come. We're always happy to welcome new members to our community.

Toby is gorgeous. You'll find that we're all fiends for cat pictures; feel free to post all you can take, and there's no need to limit them to the Orange cat pictures thread.

Yes, there's something very special about a cat choosing you. It's happened to me a couple of times. For both your sake's, I'm glad the correct human came by at the right time, so Toby could choose you.

Welcome! More pictures!

Margret

DV&P

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
We've just joined this site. I am a female Siamese/Persian mix with long hair and beautiful blue eyes. My name is Precious but my Daddy calls me "Preshie." I was rescued on Christmas Eve and it was a good thing because I was slated to be sent to the Rainbow Bridge on December 26! I am 10 years old and am My Daddy's only cat. I stay inddorrs but love to watch the hummingbirds through the window. Right now I have a terrible flea problem and I need help. I hate being doused with Frontline or advantage and they don't seem to help, anyway. Any suggestions? I'll pass them along to Daddy because we sleep together and I can whisper in his ear... MEOW to all!

Attachments