Hello From Ireland!

Cat Sidhe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

After some time reading these forums, I finally gathered enough courage to join and say hi!

My name is Ellie, writing from Ireland, and I´ve been a proud "mother of cats" since I was a kid. My three family cats were Garfield, Longshanks and Coconut. Unfortunately, this last year, Garfield and Coconut passed away and, this January, Longshanks joined them on "the other side of the rainbow bridge". We were together during nearly half of my life, and losing all three "almost" at the same time was devastating.

But even if still hurts and they are not replazable, my life without cats is not the same. I realized this after I discovered myself visitng my friends every week just to pet their cat. :lovecat2:

So, I´m adopting a cat!

A brown tabby girl, almost 4 years old, currently nursing kittens. I just had the first visit to see if this lady liked me, and she did! She was very sweet and a little bit shy, so we got along inmediately. I´m the calm and introverted type of girl too.

She will be coming home once the kittens are weaned and she is neutered. I´m so nervous already that I´m even studying a free course on animal behaviour while looking for all the things the cat will need.:geekcat:

I´m sorry I don´t have pictures of her yet, but let me show some of Garfield (the orange one) , Longshanks (tuxedo) and Coconut.

Hope to meet you all soon!
Read you later!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And hello, back, from North Carolina in the USA! I'm so glad that you found us, and at such an exciting time with a beautiful new friend preparing to join your home! Your kitties who have gone on before are lovely. I am especially enamored with Coconut. I know you miss their physical presence in your life.

I'll really look forward to meeting this new girl of yours when she comes home!

Love your screen name. For years I was known all over the internet as Be'anSidhe, so I'm disposed to like a Cat Sidhe right off the bat!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! I'm sorry for the loss of your dear Garfield, Longshanks, and Coconut. It's wonderful that you can open your heart and home to another kitty. I look forward to seeing pictures of your new kitty.

See you around! :hellocomputer:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, those sweet babies. RIP little ones. :rbheart: I understand--when I lost my first cat, I wasn't sure I could go through that kind of loss again. But it wasn't long before I found myself surfing the SPCA website, looking for adoptable kitties. ;) Now I have four.

Welcome to TCS--we look forward to seeing photos of the new girl. What's her name?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Cat Sidhe Cat Sidhe , a warm IMG_2916.GIF to you to TCS :wave3:

So sorry to hear about Garfield, Longshanks and Coconut :alright:

Glad that you've decided to adopt another kitty and we do hope to see photos. Feel free to ask questions in the respective forum pages if you have any and do check out the good reads in the Articles section.

See ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cat Sidhe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again!
Thanks @abyeb, @Mamanyt1953, @betsygee and @tabbytom for your warm welcome and kind words :lovecat4: It´s really nice to be among fellow cat lovers!

@Mamanyt1953, Coconut was indeed a heartbreaker :) I posted a couple of pics of her and Longshanks on "Post your cat as a kitten and now!" thread. As a kitten was even cuter! Also, Be'anSidhe is really a cool name. I love it!!

I had to wait a little bit due to some complications with the cat, but my new little lady is coming home next week.
Let me introduce you to Midna!
unnamed.jpg
The main concern is that she is a little bit underweight after the kitten weaning process, so they are delaying the spaying until the very last day, so she can recover at home, away from everything. I will pick her up just after she goes out of the vet, so I´m kinda scared. I´ve never dealed with a fresh wound like that and I´m reading all the posts here to know what to expect.
Also, it seems like my sweet girl is being bullied by other momma cats staying at the same place, the poor thing. I just want to take her home as soon as possible and tell her that the nightmare is finally over.

I´ll post pics soon once she is home with me!

jarn

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She's so lucky to have you! Recovering cats from spays isn't as bad as you're probably thinking. I'm sure with all the research you've done it will go smoothly.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, my, wellcome to the forum!
I so love your nikname! Midna looks great, she has a baby face that males her look extremelly sweet, just what you need.
I wouldn't worry about "the wound" as new techniques in this kind of surgery make it way safer than previously. Worst part for Midna will probably be feeling dizzy because of the painkillers.
Let us know how is she doing and share more pics whenever you can!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Just had to wish you a hearty welcome. :wave3: Another fan of your avatar name. :clover: Can't wait to see pics of your new girl. Best of luck with her spay. :alright:

Cat Sidhe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hiiiii!
Thanks a lot! With all the tips you're giving me at least I won't be freaking out

I got Midna yesterday night!! She was very angry about the whole situation. She hates the cone of shame, that's for sure! But we have to stick with it until they remove the stitches. She also has a white/silver cream covering the area that is giving my bed sheets a wonderful new colour.

The poor little thing was trembling and purring to calm herself a little bit, I think, and she was doing the donut, so it wasn't the best time to take pics, but this morning is much better!

Here she is!
IMG_2575.JPG

She really needs to gain some weight.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Really sorry to hear of your previous losses.
Midna is a little beauty. Her face pushes my cute button for sure. Don't worry too much about.....well, anything. The folks on here will support you and give all the advice you need.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am sooo Happy you finally got her!!! Do not underestimate doughnut pictures, there is a thread for pica of cats doing their best circle shapes :thumbsup:
Let us know how she evolves and keep uploading pictures, she is lovely!

Cat Sidhe

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
4 months later, here´s Midna again! In all her royal winter fluffiness.

23244557_1703477393016100_7544621015812858314_n.jpg

Looking at the previous pics I posted... omg, she has changed so much!

I just wanted to thank you all, again. This forum has helped me (and Midna) a lot, and it´s only the beginning of the journey!! :thanks:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Belated welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere:
What a transformation for Midna. She's become a gorgeous fluff-ball. :petcat:

Condolences on the losses of Garfield, Coconut and Longshanks. RIP sweet kitties. :angel3: