hello from down under!

ScootaCoota

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi

my name is Sara and i found this site by pure chance. I’m from Australia and sadly lost my heart cat back in February, but i joined to learn about better nutrition and just talk kitties

i am currently looking to adopt another kitten and struggling with names. i have come up with Kiwi and Disco, i like unique names, my last cat was named Scoota, which i got his name from a kitten that was up for adoption at my previous work, it suited him well when he would scoot all over the place at 3am 😂 so, any unique name help for be appreciated 🙂

here are some of my favourite pictures of Scoota. the birthday photoshoot was for his 10th birthday, where i helped the photographer do her very first ca cake smash 😂

Attachments

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, welcome to TCS! We have some lovely members from Australia and it seems a fascinating place. Your cat is beautiful. What a pretty face! I always encourage new members to take a look at our photo competitions and enter a picture when applicable. There is not one going at this time, but it's a lot of fun. I never win, but my photography skills are what you'd call subpar. (Or maybe just plain bad.)

I am very sorry about the loss of your cat. Such a precious kitty.

An early congratulations on the future adoptee. I think Kiwi is a really cute name. I generally name my cats cow names (Elsie, Daisy, Clover) but I love to make suggestions. (A friend of a friend who I never met took my suggestion for a middle name for her baby, Tear Nicole.) I felt so honored. :blush:

I also like Orange, Great White, Frosty, Ming, Wombat, Hagis, Angus, Malcolm, Tank, and Sydney. From some of my choices, you can tell I am a big AC/DC fan. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A big welcome to you, and to Scoota, who is joining us in spirit! What a lovely cat Scoota was, is, and always will be. I am sure he approves of your adoption of another kitty, and will guide you to just the right one when the time comes. Meanwhile, yes, enjoy the conversations about all things cat!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
0d13c8ea31366e2c229115fd4127191a.jpg
to you Sara and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
Welcome+with+Cats+Vinyl+Wall+Decal.jpg
to you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

We are so sorry to hear about Scoota :alright: He's a handsome boy :hearthrob::redheartpump: You may want to pay a tribute to him and you may do so here in crossing-the-bridge.19

Another link for cat names :- please-name-my-cat.463724

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! Your pictures of Scoota are great - he looked like a very handsome boy! With names, sometimes it helps to wait and see what the kitten/cat is like! My husband wanted to call our next cat Daisy but when we finally found the right cat it didn't fit her at all, so she's Onyx. I hope you find your next cat soon and share!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

Scoota was a gorgeous cat. Thanks for sharing his pics with us. :redheartpump: