Hello From Denmark!

Iliketuna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello from Copenhagen, Denmark! Just joined here after getting this beautiful Siberian kitten and am looking forward to interacting with some fellow cat enthusiast:petcat:

He's 3 months old and is just the sweetest, most gentle little thing. He loves to cuddle, climbs everything and likes to try to scare off his reflection in the mirror:crazy:

We've been getting to know his personality the last couple of days and have been sort of on the fence with a name for this handsome little guy. He's pretty calm, gentle and curious, loves to be held and cuddled with.
Initially we thought about calling him Loki or something nordic mythology inspired, but we've been trying out Theo (Theodore) the last few days.
Still, we cannot seem to decide on a name and therefore decided to write in here and see if people had some good suggestions so the poor cat does not continue to go by "baby" or "kitty" :blush:

So, what do you think would fit this little fluffball?:bluepaw:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-790604.jpg
Iliketuna and beautiful kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3649.GIF
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What a cute little furball you have here! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: and we have a special thread here just for him :- show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and also many other fun threads to showcase what your kitty is up to here in :-
fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to you and your beautiful boy! Here’s one thread about cat names: Cat Names I know there are more but I couldn’t quickly find them.

It took me a couple of weeks to name Mocha. Nothing seemed to fit and then suddenly my husband said “Mocha,” and that was it! You’ll find his name...or it will find you. :)

(He also has a stunning set of whiskers!)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful baby. I like the name Loki. I've been watching Norsemen on Netflix and Loki is mentioned a few times.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your kitten is a cutie! :redheartpump: I've had two Siberians and love them. The first was Boris and the second is Leonid.

Some people make a list of name and see if the cat responds to any of them.

Wasn't Balder the norse god who was known for his beauty and sweet nature? It fits, but it's not a very cute name!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Iliketuna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Beautiful baby. I like the name Loki. I've been watching Norsemen on Netflix and Loki is mentioned a few times.
Thanks! We also love the name Loki, however it is a pretty common name for pets in Iceland (my home country) so we thought that it would be more fun to find something a bit more unique :blush: Btw Norsemen is the best! So sad I already watched all of it:lol:

Iliketuna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your kitten is a cutie! :redheartpump: I've had two Siberians and love them. The first was Boris and the second is Leonid.

Some people make a list of name and see if the cat responds to any of them.

Wasn't Balder the norse god who was known for his beauty and sweet nature? It fits, but it's not a very cute name!
Lucky! Such an amazing breed:redheartpump: And what nice names!
We were actually also considering something russian, like Boris, Ivan or Constantine, since Siberians are the national cat breed of Russia.

Also good idea with the list! We'll definitely try that.
Would be fun if he could learn to recognise his name. The breeder we got him from called him Romeo, and said he was starting to recognise it. The litter was conceived on Valentines day and all the kittens had love inspired names. Now I'm wondering if we should have kept the original name, since she said he sometimes responded to it:oops:

Balder would definitely have been on our list, except that my parents in law just got a Hungarian Vizsla puppy called Balder, so that one is taken :tongue:

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
He looks kind of like a Nikolai. He could be Nik or Nikky for short. :)

Iliketuna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He looks kind of like a Nikolai. He could be Nik or Nikky for short. :)
Love that name, but its a pretty common human name here in Denmark, and we have quite a few friends and family members called that, so it might be a bit confusing:lol: Thanks for the idea though:blush: