Hello From Canada

Hortonhearsadan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello there, my names Dan and I have 2 rescued cats. One is 3 year old Timbits and the other is 9 month old Gilly. We rescued Timbits in the uk when he was 10 months old and we don't know his background before that. We think he had some traumatic experiences cos he's very timid and he's scared of people wearing shoes but not shoes on their own. He also doesn't like people that much in general (except me). He never sits on us and rarely sits near us. If we try and share the sofa with him he gets up and changes chair! He'll tolerate being picked up for a few seconds because my gf likes to do that. We moved him to Canada with us last summer which was stressful for everyone!

Gilly we've had since she was 7 weeks old, but she's still scared of people for some reason. If we have guests then she'll hide the entire time. She's more affectionate and will occasionally sit on us but doesn't like to be picked up either. As I spend more time playing with them than my gf I am lucky enough to be both of the cats "special human" and are more affectionate to me then anyone else.
However they love each other the most and they're always sleeping near each other. They play and fight like siblings do which leads to some amazing photos... We just thought we'd pop in and say hi!

18579813_1892923424309309_3033270466107146240_n.jpg

15101793_1717812421870951_2772785960939683840_n.jpg
15276501_199541050505781_2800473051001520128_n.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Both Timbits and Gilly are lovely. I hope to see you around the forums!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just thinking, he looks like a British Shorthair, and then you said you got him in the UK. They are so cute on their little chairs.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the site. Your kittens are enchanting. They are obviously very close to eachother. Is Gilly the black and white one.? Are they males or females? They will grow closer to you also when they realize they can trust you. Tombits fear of people wearing shoes may well mean he has been kicked by someone in the past. Normally cats are attracted to peoples' shoes. My cat Cucumella greets all my visitors by sniffing and rubbing their shoes.

If you have any questions our moderators and members will be happy to help you.

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. It's nice to see that they're not spoiled... well, no more than any other cats each of whom had their own throne.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Dan, Timbits and Gilly, welcome to TCS :wave3:

Great to see both of them getting along well and they look gorgeous! :lovecat::lovecat4:

Feel free to ask questions and do check out the rest of the site for its good reads and do post more photos of them and whoa!, they each have their own chairs :lol:

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
image.jpeg
hello there, my names Dan and I have 2 rescued cats. One is 3 year old Timbits and the other is 9 month old Gilly. We rescued Timbits in the uk when he was 10 months old and we don't know his background before that. We think he had some traumatic experiences cos he's very timid and he's scared of people wearing shoes but not shoes on their own. He also doesn't like people that much in general (except me). He never sits on us and rarely sits near us. If we try and share the sofa with him he gets up and changes chair! He'll tolerate being picked up for a few seconds because my gf likes to do that. We moved him to Canada with us last summer which was stressful for everyone!

Gilly we've had since she was 7 weeks old, but she's still scared of people for some reason. If we have guests then she'll hide the entire time. She's more affectionate and will occasionally sit on us but doesn't like to be picked up either. As I spend more time playing with them than my gf I am lucky enough to be both of the cats "special human" and are more affectionate to me then anyone else.
However they love each other the most and they're always sleeping near each other. They play and fight like siblings do which leads to some amazing photos... We just thought we'd pop in and say hi!

View attachment 182472

View attachment 182470 View attachment 182471
Welcome from Barnet in NW London UK and my two four legged friends, Carter (17) and Hugo (3). The photo with the two curled up is beautiful. While my two are like brothers from other mothers they like their own space so them curling up like that is just wishful thinking on my part! Enjoy the site as its been really helpful with advice regarding Carters health and the welcome I got was awesome. It's a great community full of likeminded people.
The above photo was 2015s Christmas card with 50 pence clip on bow ties and collars from the legendary Poundland shop near me. They were the only thing worth buying!

Gaven Kent

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just seen your 'Minion to Gypsy since 2016!' Love it! I never thought of myself as a minion but I clearly am as Kate and I are at the bottom of the ladder in this house!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Just seen your 'Minion to Gypsy since 2016!' Love it! I never thought of myself as a minion but I clearly am as Kate and I are at the bottom of the ladder in this house!
:thanks: I wanted something original and minion was a perfect fit :wave2: We watched 'Despicable me' last weekend which made me think of using it.:itslove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hortonhearsadan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's very kind of you all. I wish we could put bow ties on our kitties but they would probably have something to say about it! I shall peruse the forum and I'll leave another photo of them here hiding under the duvet together.
kitties.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hortonhearsadan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Enchanting pic. I suppose Gilly is the black and white kitten?
Yes she is, not that we even call them by their names anymore. Timbits is Big Handsome, and Gilly is Little Mouse (she squeaks alot) more often than not

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's very kind of you all. I wish we could put bow ties on our kitties but they would probably have something to say about it! I shall peruse the forum and I'll leave another photo of them here hiding under the duvet together.View attachment 182562
Oh so sweet! They are just precious! And so beautiful :bicolorcat: :lovecat2::catrub:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 182472

View attachment 182470 View attachment 182471
Lovely photos, love the little chairs:lovecat3: