Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Hello From Brazil!

Discussion in 'New Cats on the Block' started by Glitterizer, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Glitterizer

Glitterizer Thread Starter Lana Banana's dad! Kitten

Sep 10, 2019
    Brazil
    Hi everyone! First time pet / cat owner here.

I'm a 24 years old guy from Brazil, working from home as an illustrator. I have been doing very well for myself and realized I could afford to have my own pet and give them the best care possible, and since I'm the "breadwinner" now instead of my mom, nobody would be able to tell me "no", haha!

This is my 10 month old calico, Lana Banana :D
    I don't think she's any specific breed, she was born from a stray / feral mother. We just call them "brazilian shorthair" over here, haha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I adopted her a couple month's ago from a shelter. She had already been adopted before but then "returned" to the same shelter (owner called saying he was moving and couldn't take her, when the shelter lady went to pick her up she had already been left behind in the empty house) after a month. Poor thing! My heart broke when I heard her story and I knew I had to take her home!

She's very social and curious, always walking around with her tail held high, loves being picked up and sleeping on my bed <3 I have to say my quality of life has been improved a lot by her presence.

And my mom, who used to always say she hated cats, that they shed too much, they make the house stink, etc, now spoils her rotten and calls herself grandma, talks to her in a baby voice and everything. Isn't that always how it goes? :p

Mamanyt1953, SweetiePie1, rubysmama and 9 others purraised this.

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom Cat Fan especially Black Cats Staff Member Forum Helper

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    An enormous warm welcome to you, your mom and your sweetheart!!

You don't sound as though you need this, but just in case there might be something informative :);
    First-time Cat Owner's Guide

Tik cat's mum and Glitterizer purraised this.

3. Tik cat's mum

Tik cat's mum TCS Member Adult Cat

Jul 20, 2019
    UK
    Welcome from the UK. Lana banana what a good name,she's lovely no wonder her grandma spoils her. And thakyou for giving that beautiful kitty a forever home :clapcat:

4. Willow's Mom

Willow's Mom TCS Member Young Cat

Aug 28, 2019
    Humble County (rural USA)
    Welcome from the US. Lana Banana looks just like what we'd call a "Domestic Shorthair" here, lol. She is beautiful.

5. tabbytom

tabbytom Happiness is being owned by a cat Staff Member Mentor

May 12, 2016
    Garden City, Singapore
    620315b2dd400a3725b9d7be2c73f2f2.gif Glitterizer and Lana, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm images.jpg to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Lana from the shelter and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home. She's lovely! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

We have a special thread just for Lana here in :- post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what you kitty is up to.

Since this is your first cat, do read the articles below to orient yourself on taking care of a cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
    Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
    Forum Rules

bringing-home-a-new-cat-the-complete-guide.29657
    first-time-cat-owners-guide.33669
    how-to-help-a-new-cat-adjust-to-your-home.32804
    common-foods-that-are-harmful-to-cats.30181
    household-chemicals-and-your-cats.29641
    first-aid-for-cats.22464
    cats-lilies-avoid-the-danger-lurking-in-your-home.33397
    the-litterbox-what-every-cat-owner-needs-to-know.33457
    how-to-choose-the-right-litterbox.32515

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

6. Glitterizer

Glitterizer Thread Starter Lana Banana's dad! Kitten

Sep 10, 2019
    Brazil
    Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!
    I've always loved forums and this seems to be a great one.

I had been reading up on feline-nutrition.org and also a big fan of Jackson Galaxy, but more knowledge is always good to have!

7. Boris Diamond

Boris Diamond Cat Valet Top Cat

Mar 27, 2015
    Welcome to TCS! Bless you for rescuing that beautiful kitty, Lana Banana! :redheartpump:

My father was the same as your mom. It took him a month to become the devoted servant of my stepmom's new kitten.

8. GemsGem

GemsGem Mentor Staff Member Mentor

Dec 4, 2013
    England
    Oooh, I love her name & she is such a gorgeous girl too :heartshape:
    Welcome to TCS :hellosmiley:

PushPurrCatPaws, Furballsmom and Glitterizer purraised this.

9. aliceneko

aliceneko TCS Member Top Cat

Dec 28, 2017
    London, England
    Welcome to you and your gorgeous furbaby! :)

Furballsmom and Glitterizer purraised this.

10. rubysmama

rubysmama Forum Helper Staff Member Forum Helper

Nov 25, 2013
    Canada
    Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Lana Banana is adorable. :catlove:

PushPurrCatPaws, Glitterizer and Furballsmom purraised this.

11. Mamanyt1953

Mamanyt1953 Rules my home with an iron paw Staff Member Forum Helper

Oct 16, 2015
    Havelock, North Carolina
    Welcome to you and that adorable Lana Banana! I can see that she's got you wrapped around her paw, and showering her with blinge!

[​IMG]

Glitterizer and Furballsmom purraised this.