Hello! From Bella and Amy

BellaBaby8282

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:wave3:
Hello! I have silently been browsing this site and forums for quite a while now.
My name is Amy, I live in Pennsylvania and both my older sister and I were born to save cats. When I was little she would drop off rescue cats at home bc they weren’t allowed in her dorm or apartments when I got to be her age, I ended up doing the same! I volunteered for a local no-kill shelter working in the clinic with the sick babies, working in free roaming cat room, and fundraising. When I worked, I was once a creative director/senior copywriter for a Pet website, until it was bought out by Chewy. If you look at product pages, I wrote most of them! I have even tried to rescue “outside cats” lol who I thought were lost, feral, or too cold

When I turned 35 I was diagnosed with chronic illnesses stemming from traumatic brain injuries. And I had no choice but to move back home with my parents who are now my caregivers.

All of the cats I had growing up, and as an adult have all crossed the rainbow bridge. I seem to pick the babies that end up with illness but at also very intuitive and have a strong bond with me.

I rescued my current baby, Bella, after my first near-fatal car accident in 2007, when my therapist suggested a therapy cat - who ended up being more anxious than me!!
Bella was an older kitten that no one wanted. Sadly she had to come live with my parents when my one landlord found out about her.

Throughout the years I moved home quite a bit in transition and we remained very bonded. She also bonded with my parents and our family cat, Kitty Kat who we lost to advanced Kidney Disease 2 years ago.

Now Bella is a bit of a diva, very intuitive and has stuck by my side as nurse cat. She is an old lady now but still looks like a baby kitty.

Now she has the health problems. The past 6 months we’ve had quite a few big scares with her always as an emergency. I’ve been through so much with her, that I will do anything for my fur baby (even break up with allergic boyfriends).

Just last night I we had another crisis situation when I finally got a minute to fully examine her paw without her freaking out. I caught this and her previous vet did not. He said she was walking strangely bc of diabetic neuropathy. I also suffer from chronic nerve pain!I discovered a completely broken off claw, swollen bean, a missing quick and black hardened substance everywhere. She woke up out of a deep sleep, howled and bit me. Which she has never done before in my entire life with her. I spent all night caring for myself (no pierced skin) and her.

Since I am currently bed bound, I woke my parents up early this morning and they took her straight to her new vet’s ER - where they treated her promptly and perfectly. She is now home missing a full back claw, with more medications. She was already on antibiotics for other health problems so that saved the infection from spreading. Thank the cat gods for that one!!

thank you to everyone here and all of the very helpful information I’ve gotten from this site and it’s members over the years.

Now that I’ve written a book! This is myself and my baby girl.
331F6A67-20D9-4BF3-B183-31C5C8C4075F.jpeg
9EF7C606-023F-4279-8E50-57185F71B787.jpeg
88C8448A-75EA-42B8-9984-181616E3C874.jpeg
39F84067-29CD-4CAF-A6C6-6AFA0DF513DA.jpeg
768ED60A-AC97-4E4E-9418-076BD85AC55F.jpeg
16B4EA38-9638-4037-9ABA-7E7133543109.jpeg
2BE25D38-F407-4AFD-A1DD-48BF8FF91CDE.jpeg
D991D4E2-3C54-4612-99E2-7819EC00A82F.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hithere:Amy and the beautiful Bella. What a lovely cat it's so nice you found each other. And how could anyone not want beautiful Bella. :hearthrob: Thank you for realising that tiny kittens aren't always special kitties.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Thanks for all you've done for cats in need. :redheartpump: Your current kitty, Bella is adorable. Sending vibes her paw heals quickly. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Glad you've decided to sign up and join us. I think you'll find this is a very friendly group of people, who all have a love of cats in common. :catlove: Do check out the non-cat threads in the The Cat Lounge as there be some that will interest you.

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
Happy that you're no longer silently here! The more cat lovers and more cats this site has, the better! Thank you for all of your volunteer work, I know how rewarding it can be.
We're here to help and listen when it comes to anything 😊
Glad to meet both you and Bella!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
26e7c64faf8ca2eb08e4ff0d95a4d24f.gif
to you Amy and Bella, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
images.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Bella's lovely! :redheartpump: :hearthrob:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A BIG welcome to you and to the lovely Bella...and a heartfelt "THANK YOU!" to you and your sister for all you have done for cats through the years!

1615257677685.png