Hello! First Time Cat Mom Here!

figgymysweet

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not only is she my first ever cat, she's my first ever pet! I fostered her for several weeks, and every day as she crawled into my lap for pets, she crawled into my heart. When the foster period was over and she was ready for adoption, I just couldn't let her go.

But I'm having a hard time settling on a name. I'm thinking something that isn't a human first name, sweet as I hope she grows into her name, and a little different. Here are what I've been thinking:

Cinnabon - her colors remind me of cinnamon rolls, but "cinnamon rolls" is too long. Cinnabon sounds like an abbreviated version and it's also the name of a bakery chain known for their cinnamon rolls.logy

Whisper - she has a very small voice and dosen't really meow, but makes small "ah ah" noises sometimes.

Ashton - the last name of the protagonist (Juliet Ashton) in one of my all-time favorite novels called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". I'm a bookworm.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?
Trilogy, because she has 3 stories, as she came to the shelter, you fostered her and now she is your very own. Happy life for the both of you!
Not only is she my first ever cat, she's my first ever pet! I fostered her for several weeks, and every day as she crawled into my lap for pets, she crawled into my heart. When the foster period was over and she was ready for adoption, I just couldn't let her go.

But I'm having a hard time settling on a name. I'm thinking something that isn't a human first name, sweet as I hope she grows into her name, and a little different. Here are what I've been thinking:

Cinnabon - her colors remind me of cinnamon rolls, but "cinnamon rolls" is too long. Cinnabon sounds like an abbreviated version and it's also the name of a bakery chain known for their cinnamon rolls.

Whisper - she has a very small voice and dosen't really meow, but makes small "ah ah" noises sometimes.

Ashton - the last name of the protagonist (Juliet Ashton) in one of my all-time favorite novels called "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society". I'm a bookworm.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the warm welcomes and ingenious names for my fur baby! She has responded well to Ashton, and the fictional character behind the name is funny, quick witted, super friendly, and sometimes temperamental--much like what I have observed of my cat so far. So I guess it was more like she picked the name.

But I continue to throw the other names at her, and I see it as helping her build up her vocabulary :biggrin:.