Hello Everyone

mystian

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I hope everyone is staying safe and well. I have a registration question. I purchased a purebred kitten. I was told by the breeder that registration papers would eventually be sent later. When I received them it was only a copy of the original from Tica and it I noticed she also registered the kitten in her name. I was never informed of this procedure and had always assumed the kitten would be registered in my name and i would get the original . What do I do if I they refuse to give me the Tica registration papers. ? I paid alot for the kitten and also getting her here to Canada was alo expensive and difficult,. I think I should hvae the originbal papers in my name. Thank you .

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: Unfortunately I don't have the information you are looking for since I've never purchased/registered a purebred cat. But I wanted to say I'm sorry no one has replied to your thread yet. I'm sure some of our more knowledgeable members will come along soon. StefanZ StefanZ or GoldyCat GoldyCat or posiepurrs posiepurrs or lutece lutece are just a few of our experts. So hopefully they will see your post and offer their expert advice.

In the meantime, I thought this thread might be of some help to you:
kitten registration CFA TICA

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
M mystian look at your registration papers carefully. Is it a litter registration or an individual registration?

I don't know how TICA works, but I can tell you about CFA. It's possible that TICA has something similar. In CFA the breeder must register the litter first. When you purchase a kitten you will get a copy of that litter registration which you then use to register the kitten in your name.

You can find a phone number on the tica.org website to call and ask how it's supposed to work? They should be able to walk you through the steps to get the registration changed to your name.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone is staying safe and well. I have a registration question. I purchased a purebred kitten. I was told by the breeder that registration papers would eventually be sent later. When I received them it was only a copy of the original from Tica and it I noticed she also registered the kitten in her name. I was never informed of this procedure and had always assumed the kitten would be registered in my name and i would get the original . What do I do if I they refuse to give me the Tica registration papers. ? I paid alot for the kitten and also getting her here to Canada was alo expensive and difficult,. I think I should hvae the originbal papers in my name. Thank you .
For my Quinn, a siamese, his breeder gave me papers on his heritage, parents, grandparents, great grandparents etc. and him, a reg number etc. and I also filled out papers/ registered him, the lady I spoke with about it also registered my Sybil at the same time who was a forest cat mix. Ask your breeder how to do it. Mine was not through tica. Maybe he or she can transfer it to your name as well. So I guess she registered him first prolly.