Hello everyone!

Mr. Meow

Special needs cat expert.
Super Cat
Purraise
My name is Adam, but people call me Mr. Meow.
In addition to being a cat daddy, I am a special needs cat expert - currently have 5 cats with special needs and/or conditions, and have had to say goodbye to numerous others throughout the years. I've volunteered my time at a local animal shelter since Sept. 10th, 2010 and if covid will ever go away, we can finally return to volunteering again. My job even involves pets (although much less talked about). I operate a crematory that handles both human and pet cremation. It's my job to take care of every pet as if they were my own, giving them the love, respect and care they so rightly deserve.
My current crew of specialness:
Sophie - Cerebellar hypoplasia (CH), polydactyl, diabetic. Passed from home to home because she's "different". The start of my special needs cat journey.
user_imageFinal.jpg
Buffalo - Kicked and abused so bad he had to have a leg amputated and had to relearn how to not fear feet. IMG_20200314_210420989.jpg
Puss in Boots - Liver shunt, unable to be operated on. Has a severely reduced life span.
IMG_20200914_204922806.jpg
Echo - Attacked by a dog when she was a stray kitten. Suffered a skull and cheek fracture, plus both eyes punctured and had to have them surgically removed.
IMG_20200222_153906.jpg
Captain Jack - Someone tried to crush his skull when he was a stray kitten. Lost his right eye, teeth on the right side of his mouth and has permanent brain damage, causing him to walk like he's drunk (one eye, missing teeth, drunk walk = my pirate kitten).
IMG_20201201_194735.jpg

Thanks for accepting me into your wonderful community!

BellaGooch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, And thank you so much for saving these kitties! :hithere:Wow, so much respect! :clap:
New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You! – TheCatSite Articles
they all look so sweet and happy!

I'm sure you will be a wonderful addition to our little community... It sounds like you have tons of experience working with cats! :catlove:
Don't hesitate to ask any questions or share pictures of your kitties... We love to see them!
Have a wonderful day!!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
hello-cat-text-card-vector-illustration-funny-style-cats-characters-welcome-poster-black-white...jpg
Mr. Meow, Sophie, Buffalo, Puss In Boots and Echo, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
JN001__02379.1471462848.1280.1280.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Bless your heart for taking care of these kitties. They are lovely :hearthrob: :redheartpump:and thank you once again for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out their lives :clapcat:

Do post more photos of them and we have special threads here just for them in :- bi-color-kitties-only.85808, show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378, black-cats-only.268663 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!!! :hellosmiley:Love the pictures!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
A very warm welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for rescuing your crew of lovely felines. :catlove: I'm sure you will be able to help and offer advice to other members who have special needs kitties.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My goodness, you will surely be blessed for taking on these special fur babies! Each and every one deserves the special love being in your family can bring. Puss in Boots especially touches my heart, my thoughts and prayers are with you all........