Hello and Introductions

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a few months and found this forum extremely helpful, so I thought I would introduce myself and my two new fur-babies, Scotch and Whiskey. They are 2 year old brother and sister litter-mates that were rescued as ferals at 4 months old. We adopted them just before the craziness started so they have been with us for about 4 months and they have adjusted well, though slowly. For the first month and half both hid under a bed most of the time before we gently nudged them out and into some better hiding places (covered beds, cat tree cubbies, etc.) to encourage more socialization with us. Now Whiskey will come up to us and ask for pets, roams the whole house, and generally is pretty secure with us (though not strangers). Her brother Scotch is more shy but will accept pets and is starting to expand out of his base camp area into other rooms. He also recently started meowing at us for treats and will come into our bedroom at night with his sister. Overall both two sweet kitties that love to play and wrestle with each other, and we are happy we could give them a furever home together.

Thanks for the great advice on the forum, it was very helpful during the early stages of introducing Scotch and Whiskey to our home.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad you found TCS helpful when you were introducing Scotch and Whiskey to your home.:petcat:
They are both totally gorgeous kitties. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome, Lola and Rubysmama. Yes, it was love at first sight for us. They are gorgeous.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
1aa391fd4b868542794541c3d29c75c6.jpg
felinelover2, Scotch and Whiskey, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
8800be739c60373dd272ab23a7e3c37a.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Scotch and Whiskey and for giving them a warm and fur-ever loving hime and a safe sanctuary to for them to live out their lives :clapcat:

They are very lovely kitties :hearthrob::redheartpump: Do post more photos of them and we have special threads just for them here in :- bi-color-kitties-only.85808, show-me-your-stripes-and-spots-tabby-cats-only.347378 and post-pics-of-calicos-tortieshells-and-orange-cats-here.303458 and many fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :wave3:
Your kitties are gorgeous & I love their names :redheartpump:

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I will definitely post some more pictures of my beautiful babies soon, thanks for the links tabby and thanks to everyone for the warm welcome for myself as well as Scotch and Whiskey! :)

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, Scotch and Whiskey! And a special thank you for helping two precious feral-born kittens realize how sweet life can be!

felinelover2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our household, including our furry members, are doing well, thanks strider. Hope all is well with you also.