Hello all!

hellobecky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I'm new this website and wanted to introduce myself and my kitty :)

My name is Becky and my tuxedo kitty is Timmy and we're from Daytona Beach FL!!

I found Timmy in my backyard back in 2007! He was just a teeny tiny kitten, shown in a picture below. For a week, we thought that he was actually a female cat and was originally name "Sandy". When we took him to the vet to get shots and a checkup about about a week later, they told us that he is actually a boy! 

This will sound silly, but I came up with the name Timmy after the character Timmy Turner from the "Fairly Odd Parents" (I was 12 when I found him, still watching kid shows haha). The story of Timmy Turner was that when he was born, his parents thought he was a girl and bought him all pink stuff. Well, as it turned out, he ended up being a boy. I thought it was cute and fit my cat perfectly.

For the first few years we had him, he was so attached to my sister. However, about 4 years ago, my sister moved out. He cried all throughout the house for the next few days. After that, he ended up being attached to me. Now, when I go to sleep, he follows me into my room and curls up right next to me all night long. 

He is so sweet and when I'm sad or having a panic attack, I think he can sense it because he gets extra cuddly and meows at me as if he's concerned. Soon, I am moving out of my parents home and will be taking Timmy with me. I'm nervous he will have a hard time adjusting...

Anyways, I'm excited to be part of this community! 

TImmy as a kitten (2007)

2016 He really loves boxes

boney girl dad

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Congrats on getting your own place. Be patient and Timmy will do just fine with you in your new place.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, Welcome.  What a handsome fella Timmy grew up to be!!   Timmy will be fine in his new home with you. Cats adjust very well to new enviroments.  YOU, not where you live, is what is the most important to your kitty. 

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
A big welcome to you and Timmy.  
   I love how he got his name.  It really fits him, too.  He has grown up from being an adorable kitten to being an elegant and handsome gent.  Thanks for posting all of the photos - I loved seeing him grow up.  

This site is really a wonderful resource.  There is so much information available in articles and old threads that it's rare when someone can't find at least a mention of an issue in which they are interested.   And the people are super caring and generous in sharing advice.   Basically, every aspect of the world of cats is covered.  
  Feel free to ask questions if you have any.  

I hope to see more and Timmy of you around the forums!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hellobecky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, Welcome.  What a handsome fella Timmy grew up to be!!   Timmy will be fine in his new home with you. Cats adjust very well to new enviroments.  YOU, not where you live, is what is the most important to your kitty.  :)
Thank you! That's good to know they adapt well! I've never moved anywhere else so I didn't know how cats react to moving.

Yes, Welcome.  What a handsome fella Timmy grew up to be!!   Timmy will be fine in his new home with you. Cats adjust very well to new enviroments.  YOU, not where you live, is what is the most important to your kitty.  :)
Thank you so much! That's good to know, I've never moved to a new home so I wasn't sure how cats react to new environments. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hellobecky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A big welcome to you and Timmy.  :hi:    I love how he got his name.  It really fits him, too.  He has grown up from being an adorable kitten to being an elegant and handsome gent.  Thanks for posting all of the photos - I loved seeing him grow up.  :catguy:

This site is really a wonderful resource.  There is so much information available in articles and old threads that it's rare when someone can't find at least a mention of an issue in which they are interested.   And the people are super caring and generous in sharing advice.   Basically, every aspect of the world of cats is covered.  :rub:   Feel free to ask questions if you have any.  

I hope to see more and Timmy of you around the forums!  :wavey:
Thank you!! I'm so glad you like how he got his name. When people first learn his name is Tommy, they usually ask how in the world I came up with that haha. You will definitely be seeing more of me and Timmy :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a gorgeous cat! I have a Tommy. Welcome to the site, continue to psot pictures of your beautiful cat, we never get tired of them. Ask away if you have any questions on cat care, we have a lot of experience!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS Becky and Timmy :wavey:

You've come to the right place where cats rules!

Timmy is a cute boy when he was young and now he's a handsome tux. Hope that he'll settle down fast at the new place.

Please post more of his photos ;)

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome Becky!

Your Timmy is just as sweet as can be. I'm sure he will get used to your new place soon.

Mia