Hello (again)

cameo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well hello again all you wonderful people
:. I am of the firm opinion that people who love cats must be nice people!

First of all, let me apologize
. It seems I have started out on the wrong foot. That could be because the other one was in my mouth. I never meant to hurt anybody's feelings.

It turns out that when I answered Blue's request for help to quit smoking, others who did not desire to quit were offended. I should have replied to Blue in a PM I guess

So now, if you will let me start over, I would like to introduce myself and make a fresh start. Okay?

I am 47, and the mother of two grown children (both married). I live alone with my three furbabies. I love them all dearly. Two were adopted as adult cats and one was found in the road at 4 weeks of age.
Apparently, somebody dumped off a litter they didn't want. What a pity they didn't get to know this affectionate, smart, beautiful cat.

Cameo is my lady cat
. She is a Ragdoll and behaves like royalty. Never a hair out of place. Her previous owner gave her away because of "allergies". The poor baby got placed in three homes before I found out she was to be given away. The people that had her never touched her, except to hit her, so she was greatly tramatized.

Jasper is a huge 20 lb male (neutered) tabby
I found at the local Adopt-A-Pet and he's gorgeous. Definitely a LAP cat!

Simba is a long-haired grey male (neutered) cat with green eyes
. He's the one found in the road. He thinks I'm his momma cat.

My other love besides cats is gardening
. I desire every "rare" or unique plant that will grow. I have a small vegetable garden as well.

The only other thing I could share is that I have a rare genetic disease that attacks your lungs and liver. So sometimes, I can hardly get out of bed. The wonderful thing about that is my kitties stay in bed with me as long as I stay there! Aren't they sweet
!

This year, I have been feeling really good! I have been taking better care of myself and taking lots of vitamins and herbs. I hope my energy stays good the rest of the year!

Anyway, I'm very happy to be a part of this cat-loving family and hope you will forgive me if I've stepped on any toes.

:

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Cameo,

Welcome to the site. Let me say, for one, that one of the reasons I find this site so special is that although sometimes we step on one another's toes, everyone here manages to accept the diversity and opinions of others. We don't always agree. Feelings get hurt sometimes. But we remain friends despite it all. Hope you'll stay and get to know us, even though it may have been a rocky start.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cameo!!!! I agree with Deb....sometimes toes get accidentally stepped on...not on purpose, just because we all have our own opinions, but like Deb said, we find a way to forgive and forget!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad you have joined us here!!!!!!!!!! I truely hope you stay and meet all of us, and become one of our best posters!!!!!!

*hugs Cameo*

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cameo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for the warm welcome. I will certainly stay and, as long as I'm between jobs, I'm sure I'll be posting quite a bit.

Speaking of which, does anybody here know of a legitimate "work at home" job? I've heard of all kinds of pyramid schemes and spam-type computer jobs, but I'd love to stay at home with my kitties and still earn a good living.

Let me know if you hear of anything. I was laid off of my office job last month due to the office moving to another state. I had been a manager there for 12 years. There really wasn't anything I did from my desk there that I couldn't have done from home, but the company policy didn't allow for that yet.

Thanks again for being so nice. I feel great about being a part of this family!

billie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome Cameo,
I'm sure you'll enjoy it here - these are the greatest people I've ever met on the Internet (gee, it even rhymes)!!!
Can't wait to see you posting

airprincess

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Cameo!

so glad that you have found us! your babies all sound adorable. I hope you can post pictures of them.

nena10

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am also interested in getting involved in a stay-at-home jobs. I am a divorced mother of two and I want to find work were I can be with my children and my cat. I am trying to work on a career as a writer. I love to write stories about dogs, horses, and other animals. I tried and maybe someday write romance novels. I don't need to go to school for it. I know there will be alot of turn downs but whenever an idea pops into my head, I get paper and start scribbling. Hopefully my work will get noticed someday.

ttapestry1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to another Tennessean!!! Woohoo!!! Even though we are on each end of the state from one another, I look forward to getting to know you!!!

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you came back. Heck if we didn't step on anyones toes...we wouldnt be human. I am sure you will love it here. I can't help with the home jobs..I am still trying to figure out how I can do that as well.

cameo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's really great hearing from so many of you! It sounds like I'm not the only one who wants to find self-employment from home. Since I love plants and animals so much, there must be something I could do.
Rescue shelters are great, but cost money rather than make money. Raising Maine Coon kittens has crossed my mind, but I don't really have the space for it. Besides it's not dependable income. I wonder if I could make it in a specialty landscaping business. Hmmmm...
Something to think about.

mr. cat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome, both Felis catus and Homo sapiens Cameos — and of course Jasper and Simba as well! It's nice to meet y'all!

I do hope you can manage to find employment at home. Those must be difficult situations to come by; and I don't know a darned thing about them, never having been gainfully employed that way. (I'm not going to count the free-lance writing I did at home during the early and middle 1990s, since it was an unreliable source of income at best.)

Anyway, please keep us posted on how you all are doing!

=^..^=

cameo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Mr. Cat!

I have been meaning to tell you how much I love the Cheshire cat that disappears leaving only the grin! How did you do that??