Hello! A little story about us.

bellscells

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. :wave2: It's great to be here after lurking on and off over the years. Currently, I have one kitty, and her name is Bellatrix. I adopted her this past February after completely falling in love with her at a Petsmart here in Ohio. The funny thing was, I wasn't looking for a cat at the time... our last baby passed the July before, and my boy that was my absolute heart and soul passed June 2016 of FeLV. I didn't think I was ready to love another just yet. But, still, I would stop by this location to pet the adoptable cats for a sort of therapy for myself (stressful job, anyone? lol). I had been there many times to do this, but none of the cats affected me in the way where I just HAD to have one of them.

...Until one day, I saw Bella and just gasped at her cute face! She is all black with long hair, the smallest, cutest semi-flat face, and big golden eyes. She was there through a wonderful rescue and had only been there for one day. She was quite popular with everyone who passed by her cage. For some reason, I felt quite protective of her, not wanting anyone else to get any big ideas of getting her first :lol: I reluctantly left the store and all night and the next day I couldn't stop thinking about her. I told my mom "I think I'm in love with a kitty" lol! I visited her again the next day, and two separate families seemed really interested in her and I was so worried. But funnily enough, she was just staring at me while they tried to get her attention!

It was then I knew I had to have her. I went back again the next day, filled out the application, and the day after the rescue called to say I was approved for adoption! I found out her original ower had passed, and she got separated from the cats she lived with. She had been in and out of foster homes because she kept getting bullied by their cats. She got severe fleas in one of the foster homes, which resulted in hair loss and steroid shots because she's apparently very allergic. And to top it all off, she has a BB pellet lodged under her arm from someone trying to shoot her .:mad2:

She has had a hard life, but we are so happy now. She follows me everywhere and travels with me everywhere. Her hair is all grown in now and she is just beautiful. It's been such fun having a long coat and a girl for the first time. Her favorite things are her food and going outside on her harness. Since I've gotten her, she's been diagnosed with feline asthma, but we're managing it with a daily inhaler. She's a stubborn little girl who is also a complete sweetheart.

If you've gotten this far, thank you for listening to my rambling haha. Can't wait to be a part of this forum! :heartshape:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
071EB459-F3B8-4DF1-9993-645E801EBC2E.gif
bellscells and Bellatrix, on behalf of the Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3652.GIF
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Bellatrix and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary for her to live out her live. We are also
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about baby and boy :alright:

Do post photos of Bellatrix for us to see :camera: and we have a special thread here just for her in :- black-cats-only.268663 and also many fun threads to showcase what your kitty is up to here in :- fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. :wave2: It's great to be here after lurking on and off over the years. Currently, I have one kitty, and her name is Bellatrix. I adopted her this past February after completely falling in love with her at a Petsmart here in Ohio. The funny thing was, I wasn't looking for a cat at the time... our last baby passed the July before, and my boy that was my absolute heart and soul passed June 2016 of FeLV. I didn't think I was ready to love another just yet. But, still, I would stop by this location to pet the adoptable cats for a sort of therapy for myself (stressful job, anyone? lol). I had been there many times to do this, but none of the cats affected me in the way where I just HAD to have one of them.

...Until one day, I saw Bella and just gasped at her cute face! She is all black with long hair, the smallest, cutest semi-flat face, and big golden eyes. She was there through a wonderful rescue and had only been there for one day. She was quite popular with everyone who passed by her cage. For some reason, I felt quite protective of her, not wanting anyone else to get any big ideas of getting her first :lol: I reluctantly left the store and all night and the next day I couldn't stop thinking about her. I told my mom "I think I'm in love with a kitty" lol! I visited her again the next day, and two separate families seemed really interested in her and I was so worried. But funnily enough, she was just staring at me while they tried to get her attention!

It was then I knew I had to have her. I went back again the next day, filled out the application, and the day after the rescue called to say I was approved for adoption! I found out her original ower had passed, and she got separated from the cats she lived with. She had been in and out of foster homes because she kept getting bullied by their cats. She got severe fleas in one of the foster homes, which resulted in hair loss and steroid shots because she's apparently very allergic. And to top it all off, she has a BB pellet lodged under her arm from someone trying to shoot her .:mad2:

She has had a hard life, but we are so happy now. She follows me everywhere and travels with me everywhere. Her hair is all grown in now and she is just beautiful. It's been such fun having a long coat and a girl for the first time. Her favorite things are her food and going outside on her harness. Since I've gotten her, she's been diagnosed with feline asthma, but we're managing it with a daily inhaler. She's a stubborn little girl who is also a complete sweetheart.

If you've gotten this far, thank you for listening to my rambling haha. Can't wait to be a part of this forum! :heartshape:
:hellosmiley:
The above is no rambling, my friend! This is a perfect example of how they can choose us before we realize we've chosen them.
There are a lot of discussions here about feline asthma. We have an asthmatic cat ourselves, and the inhaler has been one of the best things (to control it) that we've found.
Welcome aboard :hellocomputer::wave3:

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:welcomesign:to you and the wonderful Bellatrix. They have a way of just sneaking into are heart then bam they have us. Congratulations Bellatrix on your forever home.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Bella is adorable. :purr:

I love the story of how she burrowed her way into your heart. Poor girl had a rough life before you, her guardian angel, came and rescued her. :petcat::catlove::hearthrob:

Condolences on the losses of your other 2 cats. We have a Crossing the Bridge forum if you would like to maybe post a tribute to them. RIP sweet kitties. :angel::angel:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellscells

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Bella says hello! Here’s some photos of her:

Here she is the first day I saw her. Those eyes! :loveeyes:
73043A2A-2389-4A7B-80EA-2073372F9E94.jpeg
0B261745-579C-480D-885D-EEE6D4AFBAAE.jpeg

One of her first days home! Already loving her new toys.
00040A90-0894-45A2-8DD4-42C8BBA8505C.jpeg

4 months after coming home. Look at that hair growth! Poor baby had a shaved arm from her emergency vet visit for asthma.
ED0D6CE4-0691-4507-89C1-BEBEBDC58B61.jpeg

Favorite toys all lined up :rolleyes2:
DBE6185B-D284-4920-BAE6-3D0ED3A8D021.jpeg

She is a majestic beauty now :angel3:
48E88EE5-64B4-4F90-94A0-06F56CDB68D1.jpeg

bellscells

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow thank you everyone for the warm welcome! Bella says hello! I will post picture
View attachment 307669 bellscells and Bellatrix, on behalf of the Catsite community, a warm View attachment 307670 to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Thank you for adopting Bellatrix and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary for her to live out her live. We are also View attachment 307672 to hear about baby and boy :alright:

Do post photos of Bellatrix for us to see :camera: and we have a special thread here just for her in :- black-cats-only.268663 and also many fun threads to showcase what your kitty is up to here in :- fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:
THANK YOU! You’ll definitely see lots of pictures of her on those two threads. I miss my two boys Fred and Stellar very much, we had them for 10 and 12 years respectively. But, this little girl is bringing so much joy!

bellscells

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:hellosmiley:
The above is no rambling, my friend! This is a perfect example of how they can choose us before we realize we've chosen them.
There are a lot of discussions here about feline asthma. We have an asthmatic cat ourselves, and the inhaler has been one of the best things (to control it) that we've found.
Welcome aboard :hellocomputer::wave3:
Thank you! And I 100% agree. I really felt as if she was choosing me! That’s great there’s discussions about feline asthma here and good to know you’re someone I can relate to! It was pretty scary the first time it happened, but yes the inhaler has been amazing in controlling it! Her last serious episode was back in April.

bellscells

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Bella is adorable. :purr:

I love the story of how she burrowed her way into your heart. Poor girl had a rough life before you, her guardian angel, came and rescued her. :petcat::catlove::hearthrob:

Condolences on the losses of your other 2 cats. We have a Crossing the Bridge forum if you would like to maybe post a tribute to them. RIP sweet kitties. :angel::angel:
Thank you :hugs: She surely did! Something brought me to that store that day for a reason, even when I knew I had a million other things to do besides go in and see the kitties. She has been helping me as much as I’ve helped her.

Thank you for the condolences. I miss them very much and I think it would be a great idea to share about them in the Crossing the Bridge thread!