Heartworms In A Cat, Bj As His Story Begins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
UM....yeah, gotta love those typos! :spew::insertevillaugh::crackup::flail: Unless you're REALLY afraid of wind, and meant every word of it!

In which case,

POOR BABY!
(I really needed that good laugh !)
I hadn’t been able to check back here but , OMG! :flail::flail::flail:The next time the wind blows I will be shutting the house up more carefully!

I really have to get a keyboard for this phone, better glasses and I swear that Banjo must have slipped that word in here on me! She’s a cat that loves to play jokes on her Mom so..... I’m blaming the tech savvy cat!

Let’s see.... the edit button is right there!:insertevillaugh: I wonder if she’ll notice?
F7EC591D-5C17-4726-92A9-9FFE6B0E9E0F.jpeg

Now we wait.....:insertevillaugh:
959405D4-5F4C-4CCC-BAEB-650BCC12E31F.jpeg

I needed a good laugh too so this was a good time to update on BJ and find the responses to the typo! Thank you everyone! I’m going to be laughing all night!

BJ has been a little distracted by having me running out with a recent rescue. He kind of expects the attention to be focused on him...a lot! ;) He still has a tendency to cough but with the air quality here in question and him being in a SHUT up house, it might be just a normal response.

I’ve had to spend the evenings cuddling him more but that’s fine with both of us.
35B398BA-2756-4945-AA53-BAB095023F34.jpeg

A head scratch is in order please!
4F4B9769-DF8A-479F-8AE9-1651083F5060.jpeg

Ahhhhhhhh.
61F22E49-7F4E-4DCC-BD38-60D1383A5F3C.jpeg

:lol: Still laughing and snuggling BJ.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good that he's inside with the filtered/processed and still better air. He looks more relaxed in the recent pictures than in the first ones. I'm thinking, you he always adored, you saved his colony, but now he's starting to believe all the way through his little self that you'll be together inside and safe forever.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I hadn’t been able to check back here but , OMG! :flail::flail::flail:The next time the wind blows I will be shutting the house up more carefully!

I really have to get a keyboard for this phone, better glasses and I swear that Banjo must have slipped that word in here on me! She’s a cat that loves to play jokes on her Mom so..... I’m blaming the tech savvy cat!

Let’s see.... the edit button is right there!:insertevillaugh: I wonder if she’ll notice?
View attachment 277574
Now we wait.....:insertevillaugh:
View attachment 277573

I needed a good laugh too so this was a good time to update on BJ and find the responses to the typo! Thank you everyone! I’m going to be laughing all night!

BJ has been a little distracted by having me running out with a recent rescue. He kind of expects the attention to be focused on him...a lot! ;) He still has a tendency to cough but with the air quality here in question and him being in a SHUT up house, it might be just a normal response.

I’ve had to spend the evenings cuddling him more but that’s fine with both of us. View attachment 277575
A head scratch is in order please!
View attachment 277576
Ahhhhhhhh.
View attachment 277577
:lol: Still laughing and snuggling BJ.
:heartshape::vibes::vibes::vibes::petcat:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's good that he's inside with the filtered/processed and still better air. He looks more relaxed in the recent pictures than in the first ones. I'm thinking, you he always adored, you saved his colony, but now he's starting to believe all the way through his little self that you'll be together inside and safe forever.
Awwww! That is so sweet. Thank you! I hope we will be together forever.
He helped me to save the others. I don’t know if it all would have gone like it did without him. He protected them long enough to give me the needed time to help them all. He also guarded me. The thing that still amazes me is that , when it was all over, he followed me home, observed me for about twenty minutes and then came inside, never to ask to go outside again. He is an amazing kitty.

Who me?
935E639C-C9A8-4E2F-B452-C7851BC81DD0.jpeg

That’s interesting.......
1B278A7E-552F-437E-9D12-6A47BE459359.jpeg

I love you......I like inside too!
4C1C043A-6182-49FB-8D9E-E34828C4242F.jpeg

What! Bring that petting hand back here! :lol:
29B439CA-E537-4492-9D41-9DFCEFCB5068.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
BJ's story always makes me tear up a little. He was such a stalwart protector of all of those babies, and now he gets HIS happy ending!
I wish that everyone could see what this mighty and fierce feral old boy turned in to. It would educate a lot of people as to the potential that lies within a feral. He’s as sweet as any kitty could ever be.
Sometimes I think that part of it is that a feral who has gone without, understands and fully appreciates having less of a struggle. He certainly shows his appreciation with loads of love and snuggles. Hard to believe there was a time I couldn’t get anywhere near him or that when I first gained some form of trust I was wary of him. Never again will I worry about this one eating me! :p

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
It's so nice to see our boy looking fit and healthy. He's such a gorgeous cat.

I think feral tom cats are easier to befriend than feral females. They're so much more easy going, once they've been neutered all they want to do is eat and be loved.

Gin Kun was the same, such a sweetheart one his street-fighting days were over.

:heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's so nice to see our boy looking fit and healthy. He's such a gorgeous cat.

I think feral tom cats are easier to befriend than feral females. They're so much more easy going, once they've been neutered all they want to do is eat and be loved.

Gin Kun was the same, such a sweetheart one his street-fighting days were over.

:heartshape:
That’s it! He is a RETIRED street fighter! It must be a relief to not have to worry anymore. I can only imagine the fear and stress that comes with being a feral. I’m so glad he followed me home. He’s a big old teddy bear now! Or a very furry love bug! Lol

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We’re overdue on a BJ update. I ran him back to the vet for a check because he isn’t as plump as he was. He checked out okay. The vet isn’t concerned that he weighs a little less since he doesn’t have to intake the calories he did as a feral boy. Survival has become easier. That was a relief. She said he actually looks good. He still tends to cough every now and then but his chest sounded okay and , of course, he didn’t cough while we were there.
BJ is spending more time acting as though he was always an inside kitty!!:lol:
He’s loving the kitties he protected outside, loving on me and getting more accustomed to house noises. He still has giant round eyes if someone knocks in the door and is completely on alert but that’s pretty common among all the cats here. He doesn’t run away like half the others but he isn’t pleased. He stands his ground. My brave BJ is still the guardian.
We don’t like new noises!!
65C8C81E-1C97-4386-84E4-19B3E5A6BF58.jpeg

But Mom can relax us.
15B1FBA6-83AB-41BD-9ED0-C4C98CC1ABEC.jpeg

Getting kind of used to being a house kitty!
C11AC74E-B8A2-435C-98E0-5C9EE8B4206C.jpeg

Even curious about that camera now!
59DB34AB-F2B2-4FEB-ABF1-F57154647B92.jpeg

Still doing our job as guardian.
BE29EB70-F6FE-45DE-A09C-0FD892D9CDF1.jpeg

The girls all look to me for guidance.
88368C60-3355-4D14-A37A-ED6C2E810041.jpeg

I am the BJ!
CA9C4FBB-BC57-4B08-B053-DF2C32BFCE2D.jpeg

He is more comfortable and confident by the day. :)

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He looks great! I'm so glad everything went well at the vets.

None of mine like it when anyone knocks on our door either, and most of them have been house-enclosure cats for at least five years.

:rolleyes3:

That girl cat in the picture looks a lot like BJ, are they related?
Heh! Is Mitsy related to BJ? Well.... very possible. She appeared slightly before he did but she had a litter I think were his babies. I expect he was around but I just didn’t see him. This place was a huge colony so I can never be totally sure but a lot of them have similar markings. I know that Mitsy, Mittwo, Uncle Mitty , Blue and Beauty were siblings. I think Backpack was too. They were the first group to appear. Thrasher and Jazzy were around. Then Goldie. I suppose only the parents know for sure and I never figured out who the parents of the Mitty cats were. One of life’s little mysteries. :)

I don’t think these cats will ever trust a knock on the door. Even the ones who have lived here many years don’t like the noise. I always attributed it to the break in we had but maybe they just find the sound scary. Poor kitties. I do have a couple who don’t run and Mackie actually greets people. Every kitty is different.

I hope you and your babies are all doing well. Sending lond distance head scratches! For you and the kitties!!:lol:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
We’re overdue on a BJ update. I ran him back to the vet for a check because he isn’t as plump as he was. He checked out okay. The vet isn’t concerned that he weighs a little less since he doesn’t have to intake the calories he did as a feral boy. Survival has become easier. That was a relief. She said he actually looks good. He still tends to cough every now and then but his chest sounded okay and , of course, he didn’t cough while we were there.
BJ is spending more time acting as though he was always an inside kitty!!:lol:
He’s loving the kitties he protected outside, loving on me and getting more accustomed to house noises. He still has giant round eyes if someone knocks in the door and is completely on alert but that’s pretty common among all the cats here. He doesn’t run away like half the others but he isn’t pleased. He stands his ground. My brave BJ is still the guardian.
We don’t like new noises!!
View attachment 278838
But Mom can relax us.
View attachment 278839
Getting kind of used to being a house kitty!
View attachment 278840
Even curious about that camera now!
View attachment 278841
Still doing our job as guardian.
View attachment 278842
The girls all look to me for guidance.
View attachment 278843
I am the BJ!View attachment 278844
He is more comfortable and confident by the day. :)
:vibes::vibes:So many beautiful BJ and friends photos for the Show Us The Whiskers & Lap Cats threads too :touched:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
of course, he didn’t cough while we were there.
:read: It's a secret (heh) feline contract; "I do hereby solemnly swear that I WILL NOT provide any indications of symptoms, or that I even have any symptoms, while I am at, near, in, close to or on the premises of any veterinarian" :deal:.

Seriously though, just a quick thought, are you able to weigh him?

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:read: It's a secret (heh) feline contract; "I do hereby solemnly swear that I WILL NOT provide any indications of symptoms, or that I even have any symptoms, while I am at, near, in, close to or on the premises of any veterinarian" :deal:.

Seriously though, just a quick thought, are you able to weigh him?
I know about the secret contract. Somebody slipped up and I discovered the trick! :p
I don’t have a way to weigh him. I may need to invest in a new scale though. I don’t want to get too fixated on his weight. I tend to worry a bit much. The vet thinks he just lost his winter fat and is not eating to the level he was when I was bribing him outside. Lol I actually started giving some extra though. Shhhh. Don’t tell the vet. She thinks he is at a healthy weight. He’s super active so maybe I really shouldn’t worry as much as I do. He’s just so precious it’s hard not to worry. The vet also mentioned allergies. Everything here is totally coated in pollen and it’s bothering me so maybe it’s a possibility. I am running an air purifier for him. I’ll be watching him and fortunately my vet is used to me showing up a lot. I’ve been threatening to move into the house next door to their office. :lol: By now they should just put a cot in the back for me! I was there the day they opened. I’ve brought over 100 cats there in just the past year. Too bad I didn’t invest in the place that first day.;)
A good nap and......
F40C3803-1F38-463C-8E8E-ED14792A295C.jpeg

A good streeeeeetch!
48E88CDE-305D-4C39-B355-A1FBD2D1D5EC.jpeg