Heartworms In A Cat, Bj As His Story Begins.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone! Thank you so much!
It’s been rainy and damp here so I’m concerned about mold or fungus spores in the air. Last night there were an odor in the air outside ( past couple of days actually) that gave me and my neighbor trouble. I don’t know what it is but I shut down everything letting in air from the outside. Even Banjo and Dolly got sick. I think that may be the cause. I’ll keep everything closed up for now.
If I don’t show up here...... I had trouble logging in today. I hope I haven’t been hacked again! I’ll be calling the provider to do a check. Take care all! We send purrs and:heartshape:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I see that you too are in the south...we all just want a few consecutive days without rain...:bawling2:

BJ is such a handsome boy! You are awesome!
Yes! Damp and yucky! Hopefully sunshine soon!
Thank you for the compliments. My sweet BJ is such a great boy. We are cuddling every night now. I am hoping he’ll feel better with that constant contact.

I’ll try to send you some sun!:sunshine:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It could be worse, you know. Believe me, it definitely could be worse.

View attachment 276149
:flail::flail::flail:Poor dear deer!

BJ did get some solid rest last night after I closed up the house. I’m hoping the air quality is better. I started running an air filter for him.

Sleepy? I look sleepy? I might miss something.
5A5D8897-E5DA-4195-8A2F-C3ADCCD4B38F.jpeg

Zzzzzzzzzzzz! :catlove:
F6DC8550-47FD-4154-864F-C9858FF5325C.jpeg

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad you'all missed that weather from 'ell. I wonder if the winds brought some of that smell with them. We've noticed, sometimes, after a storm front goes through there is a strong swamp smell for a couple of days.
It’s possible but the smell was very pungent. I was thinking more of a chemical type odor. It could have blown in from further away though. Swamp gas is a fairly familiar scent around here. Yuck! Good thinking though. I’ll be shitting the house up from now on of the wind comes from that directioon. :thud:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a plant up river from us. They’ve been in serious trouble before but only got a slap on the wrist. They dumped and killed everything in the river. One man was actually burned from the waist down by the chemicals just by wading out to get his kid’s toy. He ended up in the hospital with chemical burns. They are miles away in another town but could still make this area smell. Everyone in the area really complained. :dunno:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The local paper here is a few pages! Lol This is a poor county and they are outside it. I even emailed Erin Brockovich along with others. She did come and that is probably what got them the slap. Supposedly they “corrected” the issue! We all know that solved everything?!?!?!?! No one eats the fish that are there now. I don’t ever see deer or rabbits anymore. The pileated woodpeckers are gone along with the kingfishers. We are all hoping the plant will be shut down in time. I just hate it for the employees though. Things are building up between here and the city so maybe that will bring change.

ZepMom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd like to join the BJ fan club! His transformation to lap kitty is amazing. He is such a handsome boy. Such contentment & happiness in his eyes is so beautiful. Thank you for saving him.

I needed a reminder on how important heartworm prevention is. Our kitties are on Revolution I believe, but I used Heartgard for my girl kitty years ago. Can't remember when we started her on it, but she passed in June 2011. Our vets really push the use of those kinds of preventions (flea, tick, heartworm). I haven't been as concerned for our cats, but we use it pretty much every month. I think our location (southeast) causes us to have more cases. Sometimes I think all the chemicals aren't good, but until there's another solution we such continue using these.

I'm sending healing thoughts for BJ. Give him a chin scratch for me.