Heart Murmur And Fluid On Lungs. Very Concerned

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maia has been very lethargic and off her food and water the last 2 days, she is also breathing fast. She went to the vet this morning and she has a new heart murmur at 6 years old. The vet took an x-ray says she may have fluid around her lungs causing it she also has inflammation of her bronchiai. She has been given an anti inflamatory and something to reduce the fluid and has been booked in to a cardiologist tomorrow. This is the first time have been to the vet and he has been noticeably alarmed by his checks, needless to say I am out of my mind with worry.

I have no idea what to expect tomorrow and I'm just praying she will be ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, she is with the cardiologist now I'm going to be phone watching all day waiting for an update and a time I can pick her up.

Will let you know what they say.

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've heard from the cardiologist she has thickened walls in her heart and congestive heart failure. At the moment they have her on oxygen and are giving her more diuretics to try and manage it, so they are keeping until something improves and will call me again later to discuss what happens next.

I so upset right now :(

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you, the article was very helpful.

SiameseMummy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Such tough news to hear. I'm so sorry :hugs:.

Let us know what the vet says.

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today is a sad day, after having 2 days of treatment for the CHF instead of Maia showing any response she got worse. She started to struggle to breathe on her own it was decided that even if we tried a few more days with medication she would probably not make it and that she was in distress. So this evening I went and said my final goodbye.

It's such a shock as only Saturday she running round with Bruce chasing a new toy I bought them :(

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry you had such a short time with her. Let the memories of her playing up until the last three days comfort you. She knows you did everything you could for her. Her spirit is bound to you by the love you shared.

Marts

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your kind words, I know I did what was best for her. I think the boys are missing her as well as they both snuggled up with me last night in Maia's spot on the bed, she would always sleep snuggled up by my side and on really cold nights get in under the covers. Breakfast was a lot quieter this morning as well, Maia was always the one that instigated the meowing for food.
IMG_20181031_223200720~3.jpg
IMG_20170408_134216604.jpg
I'm going to miss my special cuddles and her super smart character. She was such a beautiful little lady her personality was something very special too ❤