Heart Melting things the Cats do..

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
What are some of the heart melting things that your cats do, that just makes your heart flutter with joy and love?

I've moved to a condo back in August.. my parking space is in the back, by my kitchen door (the door I use to enter and exit the place, I rarely use the front door). I've been seeing the cats often sitting by the door waiting for me. But what gets me more melty- is when I catch Monet sitting on my table in the kitchen. Soon as he sees my car, even before I pull up, he's racing to the door and starts meowing and stretching on the door waiting for me to pull in and enter the home!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
When I come up the driveway after work, Tabby is sitting in the window. So are most of the other kids, but when I get out of the car and walk over to the walkway, Tabby will start rubbing up against the window. Then I can see her leap down. Til I have the door unlocked, Tabby is at the door, Molli is on one of the steps, Amber is on one of the steps, BooBoo and Muffin are at the top of the steps, and Pepe is out in the kitchen waiting on supper. I touch each one of them and tell them, "Hello, babies!" as I go up the steps. 

At night, when Mollipop comes up to me in bed, she'll walk up and touch her nose to my nose...it's her kiss. When I put my arm out, she'll come in and flop down. And now she has started to wrap her tail around my left wrist....I don't know if that's her way of claiming ownership or what, but I think it's adorable. And there I am with Molli snuggled in under my arm, her front paws up at my neck and her head on my shoulder. And that tail is wrapped tightly around my wrist. 

robbie watson

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Momma to one 3 year old rescue cat. I got Max when he was just 4 weeks old, too young to be without a Momma, but he was, so I became his Momma.

It only took one swipe at the litter and he was litter trained.  He's 3 yrs old now and has the run of my house. 

I am retired, so I no longer work outside the home, but if I must go to town for something, I tell him I am going, and that I love him.  When I return, he greets me at  the door just like a dog will do. I pet him and he marks me with mouth glands (thank goodness) lol But I am his. (He thinks) He' s very very

smart, and invents games for he and I to play.  He's my baby. I love him. And he loves me back.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cocoa also will come running to see me when I come home, but that isn't the one which melts me.

It's a small thing.  When she's laying in her bed by our big picture window in the dining room (it's on a large radiator), nearly ever time we walk by her, she gives out a little meow of greeting, and then will start "smiling".  If she's really happy, she'll stretch out her front paws to you, and give you a head nudge and lick. When she's uber thrilled, she rolls over so you can rub her belly.  Gah! It gets to me :D

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Mooch has always been my snuggler.  As a kitten she got into sleeping on my chest but as she grew she got too heavy; yet she'd still try.  I'd have a face full of fur if I laid on the couch!  We got so that any time I'd sit down there; she'd be right behind me jumping into my lap before I was even settled.  She always jumps with a squeak and a chirp.  
  Then she settles in and kneads and purrs and drools on me.  I typically fall asleep on the  couch with her on me.  Mooch had an ultrasound on her belly a month ago.  Since then she doesn't seem to want to lay on me.  She comes up for some pets and kneads; but lays on the couch.  I'm wondering if her less-fuzzy belly actually makes her feel the heat off my body more.  It may feel weird to her too; being shaven.  

What endears Noodles to me is her grumpiness.  I've learned to love her for it.  Our resident grumpy cat!  She is known for swatting at you; just because you walked by.  It doesn't usually hurt; just a quick "whap."  Sometimes on the head if you are walking by the cat tree.  If you say "hey!" she'll put her head back and squint her eyes like "who you talking to!?"  
  I tell her "be nice!" and she chills.  My DD is very careful how she walks by Noodles in the hallway.  (Another favorite place to whack your leg.)  She is shadow gray; so she can catch you by surprise!  

So Noodles is grumpy; unless she is hungry.  Then she'll put on a lovey dovey show for you.  She'll roll and chirp and just be sweet as could be showing you her belly and rubbing on your legs (or tripping you...).  At night when I lay on the couch with Mooch; Noodles gets on the back of the couch (it's L shaped) and lays near my head that way.  Sometimes she reaches out to touch me with one or two paws and purrs.  That is her lovey time.  The other night I made kissy noises trying to let Mooch know I'd laid down and Noodles reached out from behind me to touch me with her paw like 'I'm already here!" 

queenk

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little kitty loves to snuggle under my chin.. he is still small enough but im sure it wont be long until he no longer fits :( the absolute most heart melting thing he does is puts his little paws onto my daughters lips as if to say 'thats enough kisses'.. he is so soo gentle with her even though she can be rough sometimes

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Makena loves his mum...

With me Makena is seldom outright affectionate. However, when I return after traveling a few days, Makena spends a lot of time sitting close enough to me to be lightly touching me. He generally won't let me out of his sight my first day home. 

The only time Makena is really comfortable being held in when he overheats or wears out hiking, then he happily rests on my shoulder..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
With me Makena is seldom outright affectionate. However, when I return after traveling a few days, Makena spends a lot of time sitting close enough to me to be lightly touching me. He generally won't let me out of his sight my first day home. 

The only time Makena is really comfortable being held in when he overheats or wears out hiking, then he happily rests on my shoulder..

What a great photo, especially the first one! I can see the love there!