Healthy Wet Cat Food Similar to Friskies?

kellysue301

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all,

I have been on the journey of feeding 3 my cats a better overall wet and dry food. I have chosen to try Tiki Cat food. They seem to be doing okay with the dry food switch - they were eating the Indoor formula from Purina and now are eating the Tiki. However, they are really being a pain in the behind about the wet food. I have tried basically every flavor and option from Tiki and they all keep turning away from it. 1 out of the 3 is somewhat attempting to eat a few of the flavors, but overall it has not been a success. I've tried mixing, I've tried toppers - they won't touch it even when mixed. Is there a wet food out there that is healthy but similar to the Friskies? Specifically, they only will eat the shreds (they are not fans of pate-style foods). I figured I would try asking before wasting even more money on food they won't like lol.

Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kellysue301

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you both! I've heard that Weruva is one to try for those that like Friskies, thank you for another recommendation! I may have to give it a shot, the only reason I hadn't was after reading that apparently there was a formula change or something like that but hopefully that still makes the food a high quality one.

As for Fancy Feast, I've heard that food is pretty similar to Friskies when it comes to quality??

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy feast classics my cats crave. Better ingredients and nutrition than friskies. I wish they made 5.5 oz cans the rurkey&giblets is a fav

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just switched to Koha. They do have shreds but right now mine have been using the pate and the poke bowls.