Healthy kitten food?

siamesecat108

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 4 month old kitten. He weighs about 5.5 lbs now. When I adopted him 2 months ago, the shelter told me he was probably eating Science Diet kibble in foster. As soon as I got him I transitioned him to wet food only.

My kitty isn’t picky. He is receiving a rotation of the following, and he loves them all and eats with gusto. I put a star next to the ones I give primarily and the ones without stars are more occasional.

Tiki Cat:
Velvet Kitten Mousse Chicken & Chicken Liver*
Puka Puka Luau Succulent Chicken*
Koolina Luau Chicken & Egg*
After Dark Chicken & Quail Egg*
After Dark Rabbit & Chicken Liver pâté

Rawz:
Rabbit pâté*

Dr. Elsey’s:
CleanProtein Chicken pâté*
CleanProtein Rabbit & Turkey pâté

Hound & Gatos:
Chicken & Liver pâté
Turkey & Liver pâté

Is this a good rotation? For those trying to feed high protein and low carb wet food, what is/was your rotation for a young kitten?

I have read a lot on CatFoodDB and Dr. Pierson’s cat nutrition website and nutritional composition list, but I am new at this so please let me know if there’s anything better out there I should try. I can’t do homemade and need to stick to commercial food though.

I noticed most of the healthier brands don’t have kitten specific foods (the Tiki Cat Kitten Mousse is the only one I’ve found) so if there are healthy kitten specific wet foods you know of, that would be great! Thank you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

siamesecat108

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If it says “all life stages” it’s perfectly ok for kittens, no need to get a specific one!
Ok good!! They are all life stages, but I wasn’t sure if having kitten specific was more beneficial or something!