Healthy Food for 3 different ages

gert452000

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been reading threads regarding healthy food for our kids.
I have 3 of them. Little Kitty is 17, Tubby is 8 , and Ozzy is 5.
I can't afford the really expensive foods but is there a pretty good quality super market brand that all 3 could eat? Right now they all eat from the same bowl. They eat when they want throughout the day. Tubby does not live up to his name. He is the proper weight as are the other two.
Is it important for them to eat a wet food? They never have. I have offered an occasional can to them. They look at me like I must have lost my mind to expect them to eat such a mess. I have tried Whiskas, The new Meow Mix Supreme, and a couple of others.
I want to feed them healthy foods but like I said I can't afford much. Thye eat Meow Mix right now.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Purina naturals would be a step in the right direction... No by products or chem pre ... only two colors some corn soy and cellulose ///

momto3cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have a similar group - mine are 9, 10 and 16. I feed them Authority dry food, as it's inexpensive, decent quality, and they all like it. It also has fairly low phosphorous levels, which I feel is important for older cats so as not to put a strain on the kidneys. I also give them Meow Mix wet food - again, good price, decent quality and everybody likes it. Most of the Meow Mix flavors have fairly low phosphorous as well, compared to other inexpensive brands.