Healthy Cat Nails Question

sarah0315

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can't really find anything online about healthy cat nails, and I guess I'm a little worried about this. I know only the vet can tell me 100% But I can't take them in yet as they are going through ringworm treatment. Are healthy nails clear? Azshara's nails are clear, and she has pink pads, drown brown fur on her feet. Cocoa however has dark brown claws, dark pads, and dark fur on the feet. Could her previously untreated ringworm outbreak cause all the nails to be this color? I hear nail fungus is a pain to get rid of and I DO NOT want to declaw.

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cat nails are clear, but they can be brown/black as well. Also the paw pad has nothing to do with nail color

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cats claws are clear, but sometimes they can be brown or black. Midnight has a black claw. I don't think the color of their paw pads have anything to do with their claw color. But if you think something is wrong, just have your vet take a look, next time you are there.

naps with cats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Tuxedo guy, Fuzz "Black-Toe" has one black toe. All his pads are pink except the one with the black fur, that pad is black as well. The nail is white. I just thought it interesting, and also want to add that unless the claws is decaying, fraying or there is swelling around it, I wouldn't worry at all, either, about claw color.

I have a couple of brown tabbies with brown claws 'n paws, some are darker than others.

Warmly,

Julie O'

Originally Posted by My4LLMA

Most cats claws are clear, but sometimes they can be brown or black. Midnight has a black claw. I don't think the color of their paw pads have anything to do with their claw color. But if you think something is wrong, just have your vet take a look, next time you are there.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I certainly don't blame you for being concerned since your ringworm nightmare. But I am sure the brown claws are normal for that cat. Claws can be any color depending on the coat and feet coloring. Magilla has all black claws and the rest of mine are clear because all of the feet are white!! I wouldn't worry about a nail fungus, but I understand you wondering about it