Healthiest wet food that I can buy from walmart or grocery store?

Purplecat45

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What is the best wetfood that I can purchase from Walmart?
My local pet store closed down a few months ago, and I've been ordering his very pricey dry food on amazon, along with buying an equally pricey wet food from acme. Money is becoming a little tight for me at the moment, and I can't afford to experiment and switch both of his foods to see what he likes. I've heard that the worse wet food is still better than best dry food, so my kitty will have a wetfood only diet until my financial situation gets better. Any recommendations?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats absolutely love Friskies canned, especially the Treasures with cheese. They love the shreds with turkey and cheese too. It's .50/can at Walmart, .89/can at the local grocery! If you have only one cat, the Sheba in the individual servings goes over really well, especially the cuts in the roasted chicken entree. It is a little more, but no waste. My cats refuse to eat pate. Good luck!

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
From Walmart, my choices would be Fancy Feast Pate or Sheba.
I agree! I also agree about Friskies pates.

And then there's this: I'm not sure what Walmart's Special Kitty (house brand) foods are like these days but I seem to recall others mentioning them and saying some had decent ingredients. (Searches on the Walmart site brought up a strange variety -- large cans of pate but small cans with gravy, etc. The pates are likely to be the best, in terms of ingredients, with the lowest carbs.)

Good luck! I hope your financial situation eases up soon!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wal Mart's Special Kitty line of canned food is similar to Fancy Feast and costs a bit less.

Is the dry food available online at other sites besides Amazon? Sometimes Amazon doesn't have the best prices, especially from a third party seller and free shipping may not apply.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wal Mart's Special Kitty line of canned food is similar to Fancy Feast and costs a bit less
The little 3-oz cans ("Select Gourmet") are comparable to Fancy Feast. The regular ones are closer to Friskies.

Probably the healthiest ones you can get at Walmart are Purina Beyond and Purina ONE. Expensive though. Other pate canned foods are decent.

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Chewy's on the internet? I know many TCS members buy thjhheir cat food in large quantity from them. Maybe one of those would add a comment?

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hate to weigh in with this but we had a thread started today about a Special kitty recall. I’ll find the thread and come back with a link. If you have any Special Kitty food, please check the recall information!

I feed a lot of kitties and we are using Fancy feast pate or flaked fish and shrimp and Friskies Shreds. I buy it for less by the case of 24 or 30. Sometimes you can find it on sale. There are often coupons for these online. A friend has suggested Soulistic from Petco. It’s a little more money but if I find the ingredients are better, I would switch.

I placed some large orders from Chewy recently. The order did not arrive as promised but eventually came. I had heard of a shortage of Friskies and they only had poultry at the time which I needed to send the local shelter. I was able to get plenty of Fancy Feast. They do run some special deals at times.

Last edited:

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
P Purplecat45 and kittyneko1995 kittyneko1995 - I hope you are getting updates from this thread............

.............and, I hope you didn't buy any Special Kitty® Surf & Turf.....or Special Kitty® Mixed Grill Dinner Pate !

Here's a clearer copy of the link to the RECALL NOTICE THREAD: https://thecatsite.com/threads/recall-specific-lots-of-special-kitty-wet-canned-cat-food-dec-5-2019.406181/

IF you've heard about this, could you just post a quick note here ?...........so we don't need to worry about 'ya ?

RangersMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fancy Feast is the ONLY wet food my cats will eat. The pate kind doesnt have corn or grain, so its not *that* bad.

Landon&Lucasmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My breeder turned me on to this when we got our kittens. Pet Supermarket clearances out food regularly, they mark it down and often it will be an additional 50% off. I have bought cases of Weruva and Merrick for $12.00. If you have a Pet Supermarket close to you, check them out regularly and you can get really good deals if you look.

WillowMarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried Chewy's on the internet? I know many TCS members buy thjhheir cat food in large quantity from them. Maybe one of those would add a comment?
I use Chewy A LOT, and just bought enough cat food for 3 cats for the next 6 months, haha. Check out this thread!!!! --> Cat Food Deals Forum?

Myself and others post deals when we see them. Because of this, I was aware of some B1G1free offers and high discounts on Chewy. Most wet food I've bought recently has been around 40 cents/3oz., and some even cheaper because of the deals! Some were considered better ingredient brands/varieties, too! I always try to buy atleast enough to get the free shipping (min. $49), too, so I don't have to pay shipping.

A couple deals were posted a couple days ago in the above thread that seem to still be going on, such as fancy feast where some varieties are as cheap as 48 cents/3oz. Chewy seems to rotate the deals often, so checking daily can help catch some good deals!

kittyneko1995

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
P Purplecat45 and kittyneko1995 kittyneko1995 - I hope you are getting updates from this thread............

.............and, I hope you didn't buy any Special Kitty® Surf & Turf.....or Special Kitty® Mixed Grill Dinner Pate !

Here's a clearer copy of the link to the RECALL NOTICE THREAD: https://thecatsite.com/threads/recall-specific-lots-of-special-kitty-wet-canned-cat-food-dec-5-2019.406181/

IF you've heard about this, could you just post a quick note here ?...........so we don't need to worry about 'ya ?
Thank you for telling me.:) I didn't buy any of the Special Kitty. I ordered the Tiny Tiger from chewy and I was going to get some Fancy Feast at Walmart this weekend.