Healthiest (or favorite) Dry food

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's available where you are, but IAMS has been great for Toffee and Fudge - they have regained their strength since they have been on the dry food.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
syzygycat syzygycat I've never rehydrated either food. The rabbit mini nibs (which I discovered is an entree' not treat) is too hard to rehydrate. Never tried with ziwi. My boys don't like rehydrated things, anyway. Not sure if it's the texture or taste, but they prefer dehydrated foods and treats to remain that way.

Like I mentioned, dry is such a small part of their diet, and I only give it as a snack, so moisture isn't really a concern for me. They have a fountain and mostly eat wet. Though I wish they liked rehydrated food. I have more buying options online lol

was just curious if a kitty who likes the stuff, would eat it wet. Doesn't matter, ziwi has higher moisture than than kibble or freeze-dried. naturally and seems like a leap above regular kibble,it's on the next kitty shopping list =)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

syzygycat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't know if it's available where you are, but IAMS has been great for Toffee and Fudge - they have regained their strength since they have been on the dry food.
The IAMS dry food here in the states has a lot of corn (or pea starch for the grain free versopm), either recipe has too much sugar for older cats.
BUT, 10 years ago, IAMS was the only dry food Molly would eat soaked in water, it was paramount in getting her to eventually accept wet food.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat who was fed iams since she was a kitten. She developed a food sensitivity and had to be switched off it. When I switched her off it she did a 180, her coat was soft and shiny and her dandruff was gone. She was even more active and alert.

I'm not sure what is in iams but it can't be all that good for cats. Maybe it's changed in the past 20 years.