Health for two kittens

feb3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took one Bengal kitten about a month ago, I found new kitten who need a new home urgently because she will be put down on Monday if she don't find a home. I'm happy to adopt her but I'm worries about the cat tray. Do they will become sick if they share the cat tray or something?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feb3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry I know it sound stupid but i never have two cats before.. I used to have one cat but she passed away 6 years ago and now, I have my own kitten (Xenos).

zemari

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there

Ideally you should have 1 litter tray per cat + 1 more (so  3 for 2 cats)

We have 2 cats and 3 litter trays and they share - they have even been known to use one at the same time (we have large ones because Bonnie could never get her backside in the smaller ones (these are the ones we have http://www.petsathome.com/shop/en/pets/cat/cat-litter/cat-litter-trays/rimmed-cat-litter-tray (jumbo sized))

you will need to introduce them slowly though - there are loads of people on here with experience in this - my 2 took a couple of months before they could roam around the house together - some take longer some less but thre are loads of great articles on this web site to give you hints and tips

And thank you for saving her :)

feb3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh I see... They will be fine if they want to use the same tray, I'll get another tray for new kitten.
I think new kitten is the same age as Xenos. They are younger,I believe Xenos will get along with her. :) they have the same characters (cuddly, playful etc).

feb3

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your help