Healing Vibes Needed (not For A Cat)

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I need some right now, this minute please. Tooth abcess….aaaaaaggggggghhhhhh.
I've climbed the wall several times but it's still the same. I'm popped up with pills but they've only taken a slight edge off it.
I'm sorry to be self-pitying but it's worth a try.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tooth pain is the worst, and abscesses are even worse :( Combine them and yep, they're the worst of the worst. I hope the dentist can help you out.
K Kflowers is right, when that thing is cleaned out the relief is instant and 100%. Would a warm compress help I wonder?

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to use a heating pad. If you don't go to sleep on it. I think the warmth from a hot water bottle is actually better, but they get cold very quickly. Keep looking toward the dentist appointment. He'll give you pain meds before he pulls it. you just hold on to the chair arms and go with the flow.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dealt with one for almost 2 weeks with no pain medication because I couldn't afford to go to a dentist, the entire left side of my face was swelled up and I'm left with permanent nerve damage from it. It sucked.

I hope you have a dentist appointment tomorrow. These things are nothing to mess around with.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I used to use a heating pad. If you don't go to sleep on it. I think the warmth from a hot water bottle is actually better, but they get cold very quickly. Keep looking toward the dentist appointment. He'll give you pain meds before he pulls it. you just hold on to the chair arms and go with the flow.
I used a satchel thing of plain old field corn once, microwaved as a dry heat to an almost-too-hot temp. It cooled off some, but it was a life saver.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I dealt with one for almost 2 weeks with no pain medication because I couldn't afford to go to a dentist, the entire left side of my face was swelled up and I'm left with permanent nerve damage from it. It sucked.

I hope you have a dentist appointment tomorrow. These things are nothing to mess around with.
:( I'm sorry you had to go through that.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I need some right now, this minute please. Tooth abcess….aaaaaaggggggghhhhhh.
I've climbed the wall several times but it's still the same. I'm popped up with pills but they've only taken a slight edge off it.
I'm sorry to be self-pitying but it's worth a try.
:hugs:

I've been there. I know how bad it is. I'm sorry. Are you taking an antibiotic? I hope you can get it taken care of tomorrow. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: That you feel better soon.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
I have heard clove oil applied to the site can help the pain.
I got this from google-
Clove oil has long been applied directly to the gums to ease toothache. There is evidence that the eugenol in clove oil is effective at fighting several known oral bacteria. Medicines containing eugenol are widely used in dentistry.Mar 19, 2018
Clove oil for toothache: Use and side effects - Medical News Today

Clove oil for toothache: Use and side effects

I saw some reasonably priced on Amazon and you probably can get it at Walmart/Target or a local herb shop- those Holistic Shops probably have this. At least that will give you some pain relief until the dentist takes care of it.

Hope you get relief soon!!! Tooth pain is the worst! And infections can cause big problems-please don't put it off!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't use heat as it can cause the infection to spread. Did he want to clear the infection before he removes the tooth or fixes it?

If the pain is so dreadful and the meds aren't working I would ask for something stronger.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh good, I'm glad you were able to get into a dentist quickly (although I'm sure it wasn't quickly enough for you). Tooth pain is horrible.