healed neuter incision?

cheeseskylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, I was wondering if my cats incision is healed or if I should keep the cone on a bit more. It’s been 14 days (two weeks) since he got neutered. His vet said everything looked fine and that the cone should come off now, but I’m still a bit worried. I have attached a photo for reference.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cheeseskylover

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks healed to me. Once the cone is off he will most probably lick the area to clean it but thats normal.
thank you!! should i allow him to roam around the house now with my other cats or not yet?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello, I was wondering if my cats incision is healed or if I should keep the cone on a bit more. It’s been 14 days (two weeks) since he got neutered. His vet said everything looked fine and that the cone should come off now, but I’m still a bit worried. I have attached a photo for reference.
Just as what V verna davies mentioned, it looks ok. As long as it's dry and there's no pus oozing out or the incision is still open or it's bleeding, it's ok.

The testosterones takes around 6 - 8 weeks to leave the system. So it doesn't mean neutered is immediately ok, healing of incision is beside the point. Main thing is the testosterones.

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
If you have intact queens, he needs to be apart for 6-8 weeks post neuter, as sperm persists for a surprisingly long time after the snip.