He Snarf And Barfed The Giblets

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't just me right? Has your cat downed a piece of neck, a whole heart, and gizzard, and then just yakked them up and the other cat grabs the neck piece and starts eating it?
I don't think he kept everything down for more than five minutes. Then a pile of giblets on my floor and my bub going YAY!
I've given the boys both neck before, and they took the time to chew it. I'm thinking about not putting in for an order of chicken neck with my next Hare-Today supply of rabbit.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This isn't just me right? Has your cat downed a piece of neck, a whole heart, and gizzard, and then just yakked them up and the other cat grabs the neck piece and starts eating it?
I don't think he kept everything down for more than five minutes. Then a pile of giblets on my floor and my bub going YAY!
I've given the boys both neck before, and they took the time to chew it. I'm thinking about not putting in for an order of chicken neck with my next Hare-Today supply of rabbit.
Ugh, yes!!
What's grossest is the others who dive in and help themselves, I can deal with barfing but eating anothers barf is just BLAGH.
If it's a snarf problem maybe feeding a ground meal first and reserving chewy-stuff for an after dinner flossing session might be good; being hungry sometimes leads to snarfing.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yep! Happens over here too. If theu don't chew their food properly and swallow too big of a piece, it comes right back up. It happens pretty immediately though, not 5 minutes later...

I "goal tend" meal times so no one is allowed to grab anything off the other cat's plate.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! Happens over here too. If theu don't chew their food properly and swallow too big of a piece, it comes right back up. It happens pretty immediately though, not 5 minutes later...

I "goal tend" meal times so no one is allowed to grab anything off the other cat's plate.
Goalie duty too, huh?
We have a female tortie that would put a police K-9 to shame in her determination. She MUST steal food from SOMEONE, all the time, and that includes cats, dogs, and human food on the counters or on plates. Freaking adorable brat. And half the time she takes off before finishing her own food and unless we're experienced at tackling, the dogs snarf the rest of her portion down. Separation is a huge challenge.
We also have a loud, chatty (noisy) yellow tabby that never shuts up during feeding time and ignores his plate in favor of staring, wide eyed and bewildered, at his neighbor eating away until he takes his front foot and smashes their face into their food.
It's like he's never seen another cat ingest food and is perplexed and disturbed by it.
Who needs to visit the zoo. Seriously. =D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When the boys take off at full speed across the house either we're getting a package at the front door, or Yue is about to vomit.

entlaufene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I *wish* I had a second cat to eat my cat's vomit. I mean, extra enzymes, right?

My cat just did that with my first attempt to feed her kidney and now I'm scared to feed her more. It smelled bad enough going in....

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I *wish* I had a second cat to eat my cat's vomit. I mean, extra enzymes, right?

My cat just did that with my first attempt to feed her kidney and now I'm scared to feed her more. It smelled bad enough going in....
My cats hate kidney =( I feed it mixed in with other stuff, and only in small amounts and they're happy slappy that way, but kidney on it's own is a no-go.
If food smells bad, I am hesitant to feed it. Kidney shouldn't smell like a dozen roses but it shouldn't be an over-powering odor, either. =)

entlaufene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She loved the kidney, it just came back up later. It didn't smell like rotting bad, just... well, I'd never eat it.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She loved the kidney, it just came back up later. It didn't smell like rotting bad, just... well, I'd never eat it.
Gotcha =D
One of my girls brought up a chunk of turkey once. It was so, so gross, and she happily hoarfed it down immediately.
I'm so glad humans don't do that, LOL

entlaufene

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now I wonder what would have happened if I left her alone with her vomit. When I hear her heaving, I immediately run over to try to give her something to vomit on, so vomit usually doesn't stick around very long.

What a gross thread.

abby2932

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That's nothing y'all...back when I was feeding frozen/thawed mice, Malibu would ALWAYS throw his mouse up 10 minutes after scarfing it down. (It's why I has to stop feeding it)

I would rather clean up vomited kidney any day over regurgitated, chewed up mouse :barfgreen: It was the most disgusting thing I've ever had to deal with the entire time I've had cats.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good thing I have a cast-iron stomach...since I eat dinner in front of the computer while reading The Cat Site. :lol2:

I promise not to re-eat it if y'all manage to make me puke!

I'll give it to the cats. :flail:

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now I wonder what would have happened if I left her alone with her vomit. When I hear her heaving, I immediately run over to try to give her something to vomit on, so vomit usually doesn't stick around very long.

What a gross thread.
Haha! Yeah, it's gross, but it's no different than a poop thread I guess!
My problem is I have disgusting dogs that love cat barf and if a cat is puking in an area that the dogs have access to, I don't know about it until it happens.
They also eat their own puke, so if a dog throws up I don't know about it until it happens.
I do know that eating food, then immediately bringing it up happens (captive big cats have been seen to do this when they swallow something a wee bit too big) so as gross as it is, I guess it's "normal".
One of our dogs came in one night, acted a little weird, and then puked up a bird. An entire bird. I was sick, not just over the barf but I like birds =(