He never had a chance

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I met him for the first time two days ago. He was only 8 months old, this Russian Blue tomcat. He had been found by a cleaning company in a house vacated two weeks ago. They knew something was wrong and they called me. One look into the carrier where he had been placed and I beat feet to the vet. He was in rotten shape.

Upon examination he had a broken pelvis, all his ribs were broken along with his jaw. His jaw was frozen shut, he was dehydrated and emaciated but he knew we were trying to help him. But sadly, he was beyond help. They gave him 1/8th of the sedation he would normally require before giving the termination juice that took him over the Bridge. Before he left, he licked my hand weakly. I know he was saying thank you. He had suffered tremendously in his short life.

The story I was given didn't add up. I went to the police yesterday with all I could find out about his previous owners. There is no way this kitten had gotten hit by a car two weeks ago. There was not a mark on him, his back claws were intact, no fur missing. After he was gone, we opened his mouth to examine the damage done to him. Squamous cell carcinoma had set in along the break line inside his mouth. Who knows when he was able to even eat a meal. The detective told me that they will follow up on the information and find the person responsible. I hope they nail him to a wall.

Little one with no name, run free now. You are with the angels and far away from any devils that plagued you in the past. We will meet again in the not to distant future under much better circumstances.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This breaks my heart.  I am so sorry.  Bless you, and the cleaning company employees that called you, for helping this poor cat.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for doing what you could for this young cat.

It is truly unfortunate there are people out there who do not consider the health of their pets, especially in an extreme case such as this. I hope you will keep us updated on the investigation.

Rest in peace little one.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart cries for all those sweet babies out there that are so abused and know nothing but agony and terror in their short lives. I wish that I could save them all and show them that there is joy and comfort in life. Thank you so much for caring for this poor tiny soul, he deserved so much more. I pray that he knew you cared and did the best you could, no one should die alone and in pain. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers and wish that karma will come to those that give so much pain and they get what they deserve. RIP my sweet angel.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The poor little thing. I really hope the person or people responsible are prosecuted. RIP, little one. That should never have happened to you.:rbheart: