Having toilet paper delivered?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Why can't I find anyplace willing to deliver toilet paper? Or even pick it up curbside? Even if it's in stock at a store, you have to go into the actual store to get it. I feel very uncomfortable going into stores right now (we are both over 60 with immune disorders).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
TP is light but bulky, which makes shipping extremely expensive.

But that doesn't explain why the stores won't allow curbside pickup. Do you have any younger friends or family members who can grab some for you when they go shopping?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps it's their way of ensuring that people don't keep hoarding.
A face to face pick up makes it so that they can ensure their limits are being respected (I assume they have limits in place). And it would discourage people from coming back multiple times as it forces them to physically get it themselves....don't underestimate the power of inconvenience. It makes people accountable as well.
Shipping would also be expensive if they are not already set up as a business that deals with shipping bulky items, like amazon.
It could also...and I really hope this is not the case....but it could also ensure that their staff are not victims of being intercepted by those who would steal it. Not that they want their patrons being victimized, they are simply protecting the staff. If the staff no longer want to work due to aggressive patrons, then we're all up poop's creek. Also with the verbal and physical fights, and even shootings at some stores over certain items, it's a way for the stores to have some semblance of control over who gets what and how. Like I said, I really hope the last one's not the case, but it's a possibility.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Have you tried ordering from. An office supply place? Most stock toilet paper and most deliver if you order on line

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think it's just that the supply chain for it hasn't evened out yet. It's hard to say they'll have it in stock. DH found some in Walmart yesterday and that was the first time we've seen any in there since this started.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried ordering from. An office supply place? Most stock toilet paper and most deliver if you order on line

:yeah: Or a janitorial-type company that sells those giant commercial rolls to hospitals, large businesses, restaurants, etc. A giant roll is unwieldly to use without a dispenser, though, but it's better than no toilet paper at all. If you have empty toilet paper tubes, just roll the paper from giant roll onto them as needed. Toilet paper is roughly the same width across brands and types. These companies may also have regular standard rolls but in giant bulk packages. Not all such companies sell to the general public, though, so check the web site before placing an order.

Can you order toilet paper from your local store online and then call the store and ask if they can deliver your order curbside because of your age and health status? Or maybe they have special store hours for seniors and can do curbside pick up then? Speak to a manager if the employee who answers the phone isn't helpful.

Or place your order online and ask a trustworthy neighbor, relative, etc to pick it up at the store when it's ready. Give them a printed copy of the receipt in case it's needed to confirm the order. Not sure if the store would require an ID, though.

tabbysia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Do you have a Sam's Club near you? They have special curbside pickup hours for seniors. My mother ordered toilet paper from there and was able to pick it up curbside. They brought it right out to her car and put it in for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all your replies. I realize it might be hard to ship, but that doesn't explain why they can't deliver it with the groceries I order or allow pickup. I see stores like Target or Walmart saying in store only. I don't see how doing it that way would promote hoarding, they could definitely control how much you get. Yes, we do have neighbors who have offered to get if we need anything.
Perhaps it's their way of ensuring that people don't keep hoarding.
A face to face pick up makes it so that they can ensure their limits are being respected (I assume they have limits in place). And it would discourage people from coming back multiple times as it forces them to physically get it themselves....don't underestimate the power of inconvenience. It makes people accountable as well.
Shipping would also be expensive if they are not already set up as a business that deals with shipping bulky items, like amazon.
It could also...and I really hope this is not the case....but it could also ensure that their staff are not victims of being intercepted by those who would steal it. Not that they want their patrons being victimized, they are simply protecting the staff. If the staff no longer want to work due to aggressive patrons, then we're all up poop's creek. Also with the verbal and physical fights, and even shootings at some stores over certain items, it's a way for the stores to have some semblance of control over who gets what and how. Like I said, I really hope the last one's not the case, but it's a possibility.
Seems like there would be more disruption if people are fighting over it in the stores rather than controlling by bringing it out to someone's car. But who knows. Or more likely they want to get people into their stores so they'll buy more stuff?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:yeah: Or a janitorial-type company that sells those giant commercial rolls to hospitals, large businesses, restaurants, etc. A giant roll is unwieldly to use without a dispenser, though, but it's better than no toilet paper at all. If you have empty toilet paper tubes, just roll the paper from giant roll onto them as needed. Toilet paper is roughly the same width across brands and types. These companies may also have regular standard rolls but in giant bulk packages. Not all such companies sell to the general public, though, so check the web site before placing an order.

Can you order toilet paper from your local store online and then call the store and ask if they can deliver your order curbside because of your age and health status? Or maybe they have special store hours for seniors and can do curbside pick up then? Speak to a manager if the employee who answers the phone isn't helpful.

Or place your order online and ask a trustworthy neighbor, relative, etc to pick it up at the store when it's ready. Give them a printed copy of the receipt in case it's needed to confirm the order. Not sure if the store would require an ID, though.
we ordered some like this from Amazon. should get here eventually. I don't know what the rolls will be like, but we'll deal with it :cool:

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have a Sam's Club near you? They have special curbside pickup hours for seniors. My mother ordered toilet paper from there and was able to pick it up curbside. They brought it right out to her car and put it in for her.
None close, and I'm not a member.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do a search for Commercial toilet paper on Amazon you will see several including at least one with small rolls that are in stock. The reasons Walmart and Target don’t have pickup on these is that their stock goes too fast that it would be gone by the time they pulled your order.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you do a search for Commercial toilet paper on Amazon you will see several including at least one with small rolls that are in stock. The reasons Walmart and Target don’t have pickup on these is that their stock goes too fast that it would be gone by the time they pulled your order.
I have a box coming from Amazon on Monday