Resolved Having Issues Logging On

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
At work I am required to log on every time I leave TCS and then come back again. It's a work thing.

I just tried to log on and even though my password is correct, it keeps telling me to log on. I get no Permissions warning or anything like that. It simply will not acknowledge that I am logged on to the site. Am using my iPad right now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It works as long as I log on the page that I want to reply to. For example, I logged on at the Lounge and it worked. As soon as I came here, to Site help, it kicked me back off and I had to log back on. So every time to go to another page, evidently I have to log back on again?

ETA: When I tried to post this, even though it's showing me as logged in, it's telling me that I cannot post until I log in. Very strange.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just had the same issue - tried to log in 5 or so times with no success. I retyped my password and checked 'stay logged in' and it let me through :headscratch: Definitely strange...

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm using Safari. The same thing just happened with Chrome though...I can only get in if I check 'stay logged in'. Both are on my macbook.

Just tried in on my phone too (Samsung s7, and whatever their default browser is). Same deal.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Using my iPad as I still can't stay on. My work computer is Windows 7 and am only allowed to use Chrome.

I haven't been able to stay logged in for months now, even if Stay Logged In is checked. Again I think that's a work thing, not a TCS thing.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fwiw, Pam, checking 'stay logged in' doesn't override logging out (if that makes sense). Even though I'm at home, I don't like to stay permanently logged in either :wink:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Interesting. I just did what others have suggested....logging in and checking Stay Logged In and I can now go to different pages. And I can post.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I can confirm that we're having a logging in issue right now. You're not the only ones affected. Our server admins are currently looking into this. Thank you for your patience!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
And I believe it's fixed now. Those of you who has issues with login, can you please try now? Thank you and i'm sorry about this!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seems to work again, Anne! (At least, I was having problems, and had to set the Stay Logged In cookies... but now I can get in not having to do that.)

You guys rock!

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Great! Thanks for letting me know and I'm sorry about the inconvenience. Computers can be frustrating sometimes! I definitely needed extra cat time last night after this little crisis! :kneading:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Working fine, Anne.....thank you for all your hard work. It is appreciated!