Haven't been here in a while

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a while since I've posted so don't know if anyone remembers me. Just to catch up - my husband passed away 2 1/2 years ago, then I was diagnosed with breast cancer; had surgery, chemo, radiation. Don't know how I did it but I got thru it and am "surviving". Still live in Naples, Florida --- with 3 cats. Charlie (Russian Blue); franny (tabby) . I volunteer at a local shelter and just adopted a 14 year old "surrender". Her name is Roxie. Her owner wanted to travel and surrendered her. She is adjusting and doing well ; will have a home for the rest of her life. Would love to hear from old friends and new friends. I am a "survivor". It's been hell the last 2 1/2 year but I am surviving.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! It's good to see you! I'm glad to hear you've come through everything. :hugs:

It sounds like Roxie found the right person for her. Mooch is 16 and I can't imagine making her find a new family at her age!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you ... good to hear from you. yes I cannot imagine surrendering a cat you have had for so many years. But I think my Roxie has a better home now. I don't think she had a lot of affection in her life, so she is making up for it now.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nice to see you back, kookycats kookycats . :wave2: Glad you survived everything that was thrown at you. 🤗
And thanks for giving the senior kitty a new home. :hearthrob: :petcat::hearthrob:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's been a while since I've posted so don't know if anyone remembers me.
Yes, I remember you and the health issues your husband was going through. I can't believe he's been gone 2 1/2 years. :hugs: I also remember you posting about your battle with breast cancer. You are definitely a survivor! :hearthrob: I'm glad to hear you share your home with three cats, which includes a new senior, Roxie. :lovecat2: I hope you will share updates about Roxie as well as Charlie and Franny.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:welcomeback2:

Good to see you again! I'm glad you've made it through all life has thrown at you, plus helping kitties at the shelter and now are giving sweet little Roxie a new home! :catlove: