Haven't been around much but wanted to say hello

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been checking in every other day, just not posting much since life has been so busy. Hubby and I just celebrated our 44th anniversary - with him in the hospital again. I am not sure how long he will be in this time. It is the second time in less than a month. One of my sweet old girls had to have an eye removed, but she is on the mend now. I hope everyone is enjoying beautiful, warm weather!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you all. I finally got my husband to the hospital that he needed to be taken to in the first place. The ambulance driver refused to take him to the University hospital because it was to far. We had to go local and then fight to have him transferred. He has improved greatly since being moved. I know he will be there at least 4-5 more days. He has a cardiac catheterization being done on Monday. This is being done because the stress test he took for the transplant showed some abnormalities and they want to be certain he is a good candidate for a liver transplant. I have to say the staff at the University hospital are FANTASTIC. They are responsive and caring. When he was first hospitalized this time the transplant coordinator called me to see how I was doing! The ONLY beneficial thing about this happening is that I can get some things done that I couldn't do while he is home. Things like cleaning carpets, or anything where I may not hear him if he needed me.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is good to hear from you again and I am glad your husband is getting the care he needs.

I do ambulance billing for a living. If the ambulance was responding to a 911 call the crews have strict protocols as to which hospital they transport to. The crew wasn't being stubborn or refusing to listen, they were following their department's protocol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I do ambulance billing for a living. If the ambulance was responding to a 911 call the crews have strict protocols as to which hospital they transport to. The crew wasn't being stubborn or refusing to listen, they were following their department's protocol.
If that was the case, why did they ask me the time before where I wanted him taken? We only have the one hospital in town.