Haven’t asked-

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
I’d joined the cat site, I believe, in October last year. I’ve posted quite a bit but, as far as I know, I haven’t asked about my cats coloring or resemblance to any breed. Lucca has spotting across his shoulders and stripes with grey and black. His “mane” is reddish brown. His crazy long wide tail looks like a raccoon tail to me. And he’s huge also! It’s hard to capture the “spots
B6D4A295-8903-4155-89BE-6977882630EC.jpeg
0F4F4B68-73DE-48DD-B9D5-3E582312B0A6.jpeg
51D2F453-72B4-4AD4-A01F-DF9110CB7F40.jpeg
FE975829-1FF1-41D9-8264-4C9F4E9B7C36.jpeg

Moka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a regal, beauty! :redheartpump: I am not 100% on my colors, so don't hate me if someone more experienced gives you a different answer. But, I would say your boy is a long haired, brown mackerel tabby.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Agree with above.
Breedwise he is a domestic longhair, but if you want a to compare him to some established breed, so look perhaps into the Siberian.

Google on anatural born Siberian, Masha Obninsk.... Nice story and nice example of a free born Siberian look alike....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
What a regal, beauty! :redheartpump: I am not 100% on my colors, so don't hate me if someone more experienced gives you a different answer. But, I would say your boy is a long haired, brown mackerel tabby.
Thank you so much for your input! Does mackerel mean spotted?

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Agree with above.
Breedwise he is a domestic longhair, but if you want a to compare him to some established breed, so look perhaps into the Siberian.

Google on anatural born Siberian, Masha Obninsk.... Nice story and nice example of a free born Siberian look alike....
I saw that story about the Siberian cat! So smart and great to see such maternal instincts in a cat for a human kitten! Wow 😮. And you’re right, Lucca does resemble that breed. In reading about the breed, they’re really nice and smart. Thank you for your input 🙏🏻

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you so much for your input! Does mackerel mean spotted?
Mackerel means striped, or tigrered in some other languages. However, a broken mackerel will have some almost spots. and also, many tabbies have spots on the belly, both mackerel and classic may have them. so that is why we always look on the sides and back, to see the pattern. As spots on the belly doesnt tell us much.

Jemima Lucca

Forever a feline fan💕
Super Cat
Purraise
Good to know! His belly is brownish and kind of wavy...