Have Your Cats Ever Helped Or Started A Friendship/relationship?

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My father's mother HATED cats.

My baby brother and I got stuck at her place, in McKees Rocks, PA, and these sad, sweet kitties with foofy fur and runny eyes came to Grammaw's terrace, with a view of St. Mary's Church.

And Grammaw hissed at the kittens! Threw stuff at them. "Don't mess with those [expletive] cats!"

When she went back in, I picked up a couple of them. Purred like diesels.

Years later, I was adopted by this kitty and dad loved him right away. Forgot what his mom had said. "You little bugger!" he said, as the kitty purred and melted in his arms.

And dad in my heart. I miss him so so much.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well the vegetarian restaurant hopefully wouldn't serve any cooked dog or cat. :eek2:
Hopefully. There's a bit of history about cat and dog dinners in California. Heard some congressman was freaked out that a hot dog was exactly that. Penal code was amended to say can't eat animals traditionally kept as pets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You should check out the internet kitty stars Cole and Marmalade. Their owner is a proud cat man!
I haven’t checked this out yet, but I’ll remind myself to do it tomorrow.

As a child, my father always wanted but was never allowed to have a dog. In his adult life, there was always a family member living with him who was allergic that prevented him from having one. He was finally able to have a dog in his fifties and that was PJ. I have never seen that man cry or mourn so long for anyone than he did for that dog. In his own mind, he feels he is too old to adopt another dog because he fears the dog will outlive him (he is healthier than anyone I know) so the cats have filled that void as well.
I’m so sorry about the loss of his dog.l hope that your father is doing well and is in a happier state of mine now.

I love this thread, it's so happy! :)
Yes, it is! We all need a pocket full of sunshine sometimes. :)

'I’ll be damned if I’ll let then run down my cheek. I’m too “manly”.:spew::crackup::p

:bunny: Make sure to create a thread for 'Bugs' and post lots of pictures!:please::bliss:
I definitely will!

Those who know me on here know I was conceived, born and raised "with cat" in the family. My family, on both sides and of both genders, have always loved cats, as far as I know. I don't have any personal romantic stories of cats causing bonds, but I have made many friends on many levels, here on TCS and elsewhere, because of cats. They are a great conversation-starter and IMHO people who truly love and care about cats are almost always good people on other levels as well.
I agree. Anyone that treats their animal(s) right is alright with me.

Tommy End Tommy End YOU HAVE CREATED A MONSTER!

He's here at my door, wolfing down the contents of the litterboxes, URK, so good.
My bad!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! :cheerleader:
Thank you! She’s already started planning for our bigger wedding and keeps texting me stuff and asks if I like it. I’m like uhhh... all the flowers look great to me. So we really have to choose?

:bunnydance::woohoo: Congratulations!:dance::beerchug:
Thanks so much’

aw hell

screamed some happy obscenities!

Roommate and I ran screaming down the street

Cops joined us when we told 'em!

You go bro!
This made me smile and yes, laugh too. Thanks, man.

LisaT.

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
In his own mind, he feels he is too old to adopt another dog because he fears the dog will outlive him (he is healthier than anyone I know) so the cats have filled that void as well.
Aww, that's too bad that he feels he's not able to have another dog. But I'm so glad that the cats make him happy! Nothing else compares to the joy of having a sweet pet to share your life with. Well, maybe having children. lol But, I know that's true for me! My children are my two babies, Windy and Theo.