Have Your Cats Ever Helped Or Started A Friendship/relationship?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
in 1998, the guitar player i was in a band with who i was fairly friendly with got a kitten unexpectedly and wanted advice. the kitten was wild and adventurous, so there was lots to talk about. we talked cats, i started coming over with cat treats, and next thing you know, it's today - the guitar player and i have been together for approaching 20 years (married since 2006) and that kitten is a 20 year old cat lying on the bed waiting for me to join him :)
:clap::dance::jive::clap2::heartshape:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve read many stories on here that make me smile, laugh, and sometimes get misty eyed. But I’ll be damned if I’ll let then run down my cheek. I’m too “manly”. I think I’ll be picking up the rabbit fron the shelter came Monday morning. I truthfully, miss having a little thumper hopping around.
:clap::salam::clap2::touched:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
It’s the opposite for me, most of the men have massively huge dogs, then there’s cat loving women who just look at me and pass by. They said with all of your tattoos, bad boy appeal, what do you do with them... to pick up chicks, I guess? But I don’t let it bother me. It’s just someone else tossing their insecurities onto me. Don’t you worry, now that I have found this place I’m gonna kick up my feet and hang out for awhile.
:yess::hithere::bouquet: :catlove:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
It really has been and I think he's been very surprised at how much he likes cats. Only Raja could get him to randomly visit (he doesn't visit US nearly as much, just the cats!) and he knows where we keep the treats and puts together their cat furniture whenever we need him to. He named his last beer after her and had special labels made for it. That 70 year old Navy guy is one smitten kitten!
:clapcat: :catrub: :wavey::redheartpump::hearthrob:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I’ve read many stories on here that make me smile, laugh, and sometimes get misty eyed. But I’ll be damned if I’ll let then run down my cheek. I’m too “manly”. I think I’ll be picking up the rabbit fron the shelter came Monday morning. I truthfully, miss having a little thumper hopping around.
'I’ll be damned if I’ll let then run down my cheek. I’m too “manly”.:spew::crackup::p

:bunny: Make sure to create a thread for 'Bugs' and post lots of pictures!:please::bliss:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those who know me on here know I was conceived, born and raised "with cat" in the family. My family, on both sides and of both genders, have always loved cats, as far as I know. I don't have any personal romantic stories of cats causing bonds, but I have made many friends on many levels, here on TCS and elsewhere, because of cats. They are a great conversation-starter and IMHO people who truly love and care about cats are almost always good people on other levels as well.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
Cats, and particularly volunteering at a cat shelter, have brought some really great friends into my life. Too many to even list.

But today I had a super nice time with one of my favorite friends I met thru the shelter, and I finally got a chance to visit her and her husband's home, where 8 kitties live!

This familiar guy bolted to me, launched up on my shoulders, and went all-out with the purr motor and kneading biscuits. My friend and her hubby think maybe he remembered me from the shelter. :)
IMG_20181201_110611_287.jpg
It was really special.

Then we humans went out for fun little daytime adventures, and then came back and watched Rick & Morty and had pizza.
It was an amazing day.
Crazy cat friends are the best. :hearthrob:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats, and particularly volunteering at a cat shelter, have brought some really great friends into my life. Too many to even list.

But today I had a super nice time with one of my favorite friends I met thru the shelter, and I finally got a chance to visit her and her husband's home, where 8 kitties live!

This familiar guy bolted to me, launched up on my shoulders, and went all-out with the purr motor and kneading biscuits. My friend and her hubby think maybe he remembered me from the shelter. :)
View attachment 264527
It was really special.

Then we humans went out for fun little daytime adventures, and then came back and watched Rick & Morty and had pizza.
It was an amazing day.
Aww what a sweet moment! I'm sure he remembered you. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

View attachment 264527
It was really special.

It was an amazing day.

That goes to show that cats don't foget the ones that are good to them. Thank you for sharing this story. :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 264527
It was really special.

It was an amazing day.
*Love that story and the pic!!!* :catlove:

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in 1998, the guitar player i was in a band with who i was fairly friendly with got a kitten unexpectedly and wanted advice. the kitten was wild and adventurous, so there was lots to talk about. we talked cats, i started coming over with cat treats, and next thing you know, it's today - the guitar player and i have been together for approaching 20 years (married since 2006) and that kitten is a 20 year old cat lying on the bed waiting for me to join him :)
Lovely story, that!

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay.

Dunno if this is really on topic, but. . . .

Sometimes cats get you things. Or, at least your professed love for them does.

Early 1985. I was going to California! From Ohio. California here I come, with bowers of flowers that bloom in the spring (January!)Mom was bummed, yeah, honey, independence is one thing but a whole continent away? (Mom. Shh. Peck on the cheek. Shh. Long distance is the next best thing . . . . )

I was going to bunk with my cousin and her hubby the LAPD officer down in Huntington Beach, OC. Bracing themselves.

In February, 1985 she calls me (Mom answered the landline, so quaint, gave me the receiver!) and cousin ever-so-shyly asks if I'd be willing to live rent-free in a condo in Westminster, California, while its elderly owner went on a big trip back to Wisconsin, land of her birth. And would I mind taking care of her elderly cats?

I asked her to repeat, and she did.

Well . . . .

I said Hell yeah! And I whooped, I hollered ran around the house and screamed glorious obscenities. (After I put down the phone.)

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And, that condo in Westminster, Orange California, was my launching pad.

Right on the edge of Little Saigon. Just in time for the 10th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon. Sad parades, but. Okay. I remember the news coverage. That plane full of orphans that crashed and burned.

Pushed some old guys' wheelchairs while they saluted. Dunno if they liked cats.

Viet chow all over. Diet-schmiet, too good to say no to.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And, that condo in Westminster, Orange California, was my launching pad.

Right on the edge of Little Saigon. Just in time for the 10th anniversary of the Fall of Saigon. Sad parades, but. Okay. I remember the news coverage. That plane full of orphans that crashed and burned.

Pushed some old guys' wheelchairs while they saluted. Dunno if they liked cats.

Viet chow all over. Diet-schmiet, too good to say no to.
Two houses ago, we lived in S. El Monte, and there are a lot of Vietnamese people living there. Some of them have restaurants. My favorite was a Vietnamese Buddhist vegetarian place. It was just a few blocks from our house and we ate there a lot. Really beautiful fresh produce and top quality vegetarian "fish" and "meat" in wonderful sauces. Not heavy on calories at all. SO GOOD. I miss that place and the people were so sweet.