Have You Seen This House That Is For Sale?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I would ever be able to find Carleton in that house, lol. :wink:

Ardina

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Somehow I have a hard time imagining that all those little cups and figurines on the tables and shelves would last long with any real cats living there. And with my pica kitty, neither would those stuffed animals! ;)

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Somehow I have a hard time imagining that all those little cups and figurines on the tables and shelves would last long with any real cats living there. And with my pica kitty, neither would those stuffed animals! ;)
Haha, yes, I was thinking that too. Do they even have any real cats? Because none of that would last at my house. The stuffies would be chewed and peed on. The teacups would be knocked off for the cats to hear the cool shattering sound and to watch the pretty shards scattering. The paper on the walls would be shredded and probably sprayed on.

I'd definitely buy a house made to accommodate a lot of cats! But that one just isn't practical.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The cat trees and cat walks are pretty cool but all those stuffed animals and neon colors are a little crazy. It has character for sure!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
The teacups would be knocked off for the cats to hear the cool shattering sound and to watch the pretty shards scattering.
Cats certainly do like to "test gravity" :lol:

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goodness, what a great way to enhance the stereotypical image of cat people :lol::lol:

It is also a little eerie/creepy? You have this plain and ominous looking house in what appears to be in the middle of nowhere or isolated location, only to have the inside be beyond eccentric.

I'm all for expressive passions and individualization, but that does look a tad too childlike!

It is kind of sad though if it were to be simply destroyed after all the work was put into it. Wouldn't the owner want to take at least some of the stuff and pictures with them? Unless of course they passed away...

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
omg I love it! But then again I am strange anyways! I would put my books on those pink shelves!! LOL. I would change a few things but for the most part-as long as I have my couch-I don't need any other furniture. I don't eat at the table or anything. I love it! AND it's on 20 acres!!! Wish it was in the north east instead of out west. But I am weird anyways

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...interesting...

my first impression is that the owner literally ruined that house. and i'm someone who has a house geared towards my cats, with cat trees and cat wall furniture.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
...interesting...

my first impression is that the owner literally ruined that house. and i'm someone who has a house geared towards my cats, with cat trees and cat wall furniture.
:yeah: I have to agree with you.

I know a woman in town who has a three-story house for her 13 cats. The entire attic is solely for the cats (although they have the run of the house). She put in a special central AC, cat trees, all kinds of toys, shelving, holes in the walls for them to go from one room to the next, all kinds of stuff for her cats. They pretty much stay in the attic. I've seen it and it is just gorgeous. Not tacky, not weird; it's gorgeous. I really wish I had the space to do what this woman did for our gang.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...interesting...

I have to agree. It looks gaudy.

Judging from the address, it must be near the 'Y'. I may take a drive over there and check it out.
Unless it's on a dirt road, which almost everything is. Won't take my new car down one of these dirt roads (cow paths). The paved road is not much better.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to agree. It looks gaudy.

Judging from the address, it must be near the 'Y'. I may take a drive over there and check it out.
Unless it's on a dirt road, which almost everything is. Won't take my new car down one of these dirt roads (cow paths). The paved road is not much better.
yes, gaudy. it's the 'stuff' just plastered all over the place, like the posters and stuck-on pictures, that i look at and think that if i was a buyer looking at that house...i'd have to walk away from it, because of the work i see needed to bring the house back to what looks like it once was quite lovely. and the current asking price is, imo......hopeful.

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, gaudy. it's the 'stuff' just plastered all over the place, like the posters and stuck-on pictures, that i look at and think that if i was a buyer looking at that house...i'd have to walk away from it, because of the work i see needed to bring the house back to what looks like it once was quite lovely. and the current asking price is, imo......hopeful.
I'd walk away simply because it's in Concho.
And the asking price for that area is outrageous. I'm in a 'higher' area than that and I paid half the price for my home on 40 acres.
Over by the 'Y' is a better place than Concho itself, but that's still too much money for the area.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd walk away simply because it's in Concho.
And the asking price for that area is outrageous. I'm in a 'higher' area than that and I paid half the price for my home on 40 acres.
Over by the 'Y' is a better place than Concho itself, but that's still too much money for the area.
ahhh, so maybe it's the owner thinking the house is worth that much (more than it's actually worth). i've come across that before, where a seller has this unrealistic idea of what their house is worth and gets that 'set' in their mind, won't budge on it......and the property just sits there, not being sold and 'on the market'.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Maybe the current owner obtained a "container-load" of Modge-Podge and really liked the look of decoupage?