Have You Ever Seen A Growth Like This Before (warning Gross Pic)

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Hello there! Long story short, I made a post a few days ago about my cats journy with battling cancer... the more I do research the less and less I want to believe her time is coming to an end.

So here is me hoping/grasping at straws that this isn’t actually cancer but some kind of other treatable disease like fibroepithelial hyperplasia or mammary hyperplasia or something else.

Have you ever seen anything like the growth in the picture above? It smells pretty bad and there is clear sticky fluid around it. She has already been on/currently on 3 different types of antibiotics.

Thank you :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Poor baby!
Did they try to get an x-ray or something to determine how far inside this thing goes? Did they talk about trying to remove it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Poor baby!
Did they try to get an x-ray or something to determine how far inside this thing goes? Did they talk about trying to remove it?
Hi, yes we did an x-ray and bloodwork (no biopsy though). It is about 3 cm big and there’s smaller ones around her lungs which is why we were sent to an oncologist.

Removal was not recommended as if it has already spread/metastasized there is no point as it would come back and pleural effusion would take her life :(. We did try chemotherapy for 1 month and it did not help.

This is all just surreal... I really hope they were just wrong... I wish I had more money for more tests like additional x-rays and biopsies.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Oh my. What else besides the biopsy would the vet suggest to do? Have you checked with them about a payment plan?

Also, if you have a vet university nearby you could contact them and see what they might offer in terms of tests/treatment - and reduced fees, perhaps?

Have you checked to see if there are any financial support plans in your area - maybe through the SPCA?

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh my. What else besides the biopsy would the vet suggest to do? Have you checked with them about a payment plan?

Also, if you have a vet university nearby you could contact them and see what they might offer in terms of tests/treatment - and reduced fees, perhaps?

Have you checked to see if there are any financial support plans in your area - maybe through the SPCA?
Hi, to be honest my oncologist said there is nothing that can really be done at this point. I am just a depsarate cat parent grasping at straws hoping there is something someone knows out there that maybe my vet and oncolgoist did not. Some kind of experimental procedure maybe.

I do have a local vet university actually, the best in Canada (I think all of North America?) but the wait time to see them was in the weeks so I was referred to an emergency oncolgist and I jumped at that. I did ask for a referral now to the univeristy oncologist but it might be too late by the time I see them and they might just say “there is nothing more that can be done” :(.

Although funds are an issue if there was actually something I could do with 100% success I would get the money, even if I had to sell my car or something...

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please do get a second opinion, but I think that it looks like an awful state - go see another vet to get a different perspective perhaps, but don't delay. I wish you and your cat all the best.

No-one can guarantee 100% success on anything unfortunately, even going in for a dental cleaning is fraught with risk.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My heart is with you, that precious baby did not deserve this. I know how desperate you must feel, just give her as much love and comfort as you can right now, that is what she wants and needs..... I'll pray for you both.

FelisCatus

RIP </3
Super Cat
Purraise
Hi! How are things with you?
Thanks for following up, not good at all, a second ulcerating tumor emerged under this one. I had made that post “nearing the end going out with a bang?”. I have the next 2 weeks off from work starting tomorrow and we’ll see what happens...