Have you ever cared for feral cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Ooooooo great idea, Anne!!!!!!! I will look forward to reading others feral cat stories.
Already had someone ask on our Facebook page what feral cats were, following the contest announcement. Definitely need to get the word out there!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Already had someone ask on our Facebook page what feral cats were, following the contest announcement. Definitely need to get the word out there!
:clap::clap::clap: OH that's great. I hope we get LOTS of entries. :bigthumb:

Last edited:

daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
wish
 i saw this contest before. i do care for a colony of them...  one is almost 20 years old. she is so tiny too. i feed and water daily and nightly. can't afford it but they are a priority to me. if i stopped, they'd wonder why and where would their next meal come from? i know they hunt but that isn't reliable. i have a shelter with an outdoor/indoor hearing pad inside and it only goes on when it is layed on. raccoons eat here too. i have a mom and five babies which are getting big rapidly! so pretty, but i shut the back door at dark because i don't want daisy accidently getting it open and a raccoon tearing her up!!! very protective of my daisy the cat. she is the center of her meowmy's heart.
 Have several stories of happy endings. guess another time...

daisy the cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Newport Beach, California http://www.facebook.com/
yes, ferals are just the kitties without homes. i hate the word 'stray" feral implies totally feral which is wild and partially feral which is a kitty who had a home which was "dumped". REALLY REALLY HATE THAT! all mine are partially feral. they are skiddish extremely towards anyone else except my husband because of being dumped and then most likely abused. it usually takes me a few months then they love to be petted and hand fed treats ect. and belly rubs. they run and stand in alarm if anyone else approaches them when they are in other people's yards. the neighbors can't believe how tame they are with me. i never approached them quickly or loudly. just very softly and slowly. i stayed several feet away at first couple of months and held out treats. eventually since they knew i was the one who always put the buckets of fresh water and crunchies out for them that they knew they could trust me. i don't believe wild cats don't tame either. in texas my x could approach a mountain lion and her cubs. all in how much the animal recieves you as a cat person or not. they sense every emotion we have so you need to be one of them somehow. the raccoons like me too but i keep the kitties away from them. the ferals know to not get close to them but my daisy the cat is so innocent. she thinks she can put her paw out to anyone to be friends. got to close the doors when they come each night.