Have never ever, tripped, or physical injury like a broken ankle,elbow,etc

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always wondered if there's anyone that lucky! 2 weeks ago, I tripped on a blanket and hit my pinky finger against the coffee table leg. Still sore. At night I get up to use the restroom and hit the wall in the dark. Tripped on a curb,my job is hazardousI slipped on a ladder,tore my shoulder doing freight,planter faciitus, and so on

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Be extra careful. I hope you are feeling better.

I have a friend like that. There is never a week that she does not trip, slip, bump her head on something etc.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Broke a few toes; including both baby toes, on furniture.. a couple of time each.. broke my big toe...

At work, My foot got caught on a stretcher wheel, which was sticking out: I fell forward, slightly turned. Tried to catch onto the counter to stop my fall.. nope... Glanced the drawers;
Breaking my upper arm, dislocating my shoulder...
Shoulder popped back in place... break was in good alignment--no surgery, but had to live in a sling, while it was healing... and pray that I did not dislocate the bone alignment. It hurt with each breathe...

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Too many injuries to list, so here are the highspots:
An older sister ran a pitchfork through my foot while we were unloading a wagon of hay after our baler broke
Sliced a thumb open when a wrench slipped off a bolt head
Blew out 2 discs, requiring surgery
Tried to stop a chunk of steel with my face, requiring more than 30 stitches and the surgical removal of the remains of 2 upper teeth

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
in September during my son’s virtual live class I tripped on a toy and fell resulting in a broken big toe. I crawled to his computer told his teacher that he’d had to leave the meet as I needed to go to urgent care. My toe needed to be reset and I wore a surgical boot. A few days before Halloween I was given the go ahead to wear a regular shoe. Well on Halloween taking the kids trick or treating in the dark I slipped on a curb and re injured same toe, back in the surgical boot until Thanksgiving.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
A dumb one. When I was a kid I was riding my bike and saw a twig stuck in the spokes. I went to knock it away with my foot, caught my toes in the spokes and went down hard on my knee. Broke my foot at the toe line and damaged my knee cap. The toes healed fine but the knee remained a problem.

But the worst as far as pain was a partial dislocation of my elbow that I unknowingly had for six months. I was setting down a very heavy crate of fragile things and so bent over and slowly lowered the crate to the ground. No discomfort until I released the crate and then just horrendous pain in my elbow. I could move my arm but just a bit and could barely use my hand as well. Went to the doc the next day and she hardly looked at, said sprained muscle, use ice, blah, blah blah and sent me away. I was in so much pain I should have gotten a second opinion but my work schedule was crazy and so I stuck it out. Over the next few weeks and months the pain did lessen and I could do most things with my arm but overall it was just very stiff and only painful if I lifted too much. But since it was my right arm and I am a lefty I just used it less.

Six months almost to the day after the injury I was in Las Vegas sitting at a slot machine and forgot about my arm issues for just a second and went to scoot my chair forward using that arm. But it turned out the chair was bolted to the floor and as a result my right arm was yanked backward by the attempt. I instantly felt and I think even heard a “pop” in my elbow. Even though I was in enormous pain again I knew immediately that something was back in place because I could turn my elbow in every direction and all the stiffness was gone. By the time I left Vegas two days later, it was nearly pain free. The only lasting effect I have from those six months of dislocation is the inability to carry anything with that arm if my elbow Isn’t bent at least a little.

Last edited:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The worst purely slip or trip injury occurred one morning as I was coming downstairs in the dark. My foot was coming down for the second step from the bottom when I saw it was occupied by a stretched-out Burdock. I tried to miss him, but in the process also missed the bottom step. I landed on the floor on both knees and jammed a big toe into the bottom step. I didn't break anything- I think- but I was hobbling around for several days.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not including cuts that needed stitches:
Twice broken orbital bone for my right eye (Once when I was little and once as an adult. I will never have perfectly matched eyeliner or shadow!)
Broken femur, tibia, fibula, patella in my left leg
Torn sartorius, vastus medialis, and semitendinosus muscles in my left leg
Torn biceps femoris tendon in my left leg
Torn patella ligament, ACL, and PCL in my left leg
Shredded meniscus
Nerve and vascular damage to my left leg
Hairline fractures to the base of my skull (With some mild TBI)
(The left leg stuff and skull fractures happened at the same time. They are not from an accident.)
Every toe on both my feet except the left big toe has been broken
My right toe has been broken twice. Most recently, a couple of years ago when I tripped over a floor vent when my pajama bottoms got caught.

I currently have a strained calf and a slightly torn meniscus in my right leg. The strain happened because I did not go to the doctor because of my meniscus. I knew what I did and put it off because it is cold outside! Then a week into it, I felt something snap in my right leg. I have no idea how I did either, except that I overwork my right leg to compensate for my left when I am at home instead of using my cane or wheelchair as I should be. And not climbing on things because my right leg is pretty strong and I can technically get myself up a ladder. Getting down is the hard part.

Last edited:

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I was a kid I was always getting hurt and had to get stitches many times.

I was told years ago that I have severe osteoporosis but I have had only 3 fractured bones. I broke one of my toes playlng baseball, fractured my chin bone on my exercise bike and another time I was trying to find a vegan resturant I had heard about and I was not looking where I was going and fell down some steps and broke one of the long bones in my foot. I had to walk 3 blocks to get back to my office because I did not have enough money for a cab.

About 2 years ago I started having blackouts and I fell 30 times but never broke anything. I finally found out I was having blackouts because I was taking nausea and my pain medication together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I've never sprained or broken anything, but I do have a ruptured disc from, of all things, turning around.
I used to have SI joint dysfunction in my left hip but after months of intense yoga like workouts and working my legs hard it went away. Also from twisting and reaching at work

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Two summers ago, I fell on the pavement in NYC. Not the first time I might add LOL. I've had 3 surgeries on my knees so far - 2 of them due to falls.
Anyway, brushed myself off, went on my way.
It was bothering me but we were leaving for a vacation in the Turks and Caicos in next week so again, brushed it off.
While away, totally forgot I'd fallen. Kept wondering why I was having so much trouble and pain walking on the beach.
Came home, saw a doctor. Found out I had a hairline fracture in my left foot! Was put in a boot to stabilize it and had to have physical therapy for a couple of months.
It took much longer to heal than I thought such a small break would. I think it was nearly 6 months before it felt right.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Two summers ago, I fell on the pavement in NYC. Not the first time I might add LOL. I've had 3 surgeries on my knees so far - 2 of them due to falls.
Anyway, brushed myself off, went on my way.
It was bothering me but we were leaving for a vacation in the Turks and Caicos in next week so again, brushed it off.
While away, totally forgot I'd fallen. Kept wondering why I was having so much trouble and pain walking on the beach.
Came home, saw a doctor. Found out I had a hairline fracture in my left foot! Was put in a boot to stabilize it and had to have physical therapy for a couple of months.
It took much longer to heal than I thought such a small break would. I think it was nearly 6 months before it felt right.
Especially a pinky finger. Its not even broken. Something happened to my back first day at the beach. Had to stay inside the whole 11 days. At least we're all alive

gilmargl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am clumsy - knocking into things, so I'm usually covered in bruises. Fortunately, I still have a good sense of balance, so up to now I have managed to save myself from falling when I miss a stair, slip on ice or trip over my own feet.

However, I managed to break a finger - or rather, a horse broke it for me. One evening, I was walking 3 horses back to their stables from the field. It was wet and windy and the horses were rather excited. I was leading two on ropes, one in each hand, and the third was following. The strong horse in my right hand suddenly sprang up, wanting to gallop off home. I held on tight but my finger was broken!
One of the horses belonged to my daughter. When she was working late and the farmer was away, it was my job to fetch the horses from the field. It was one of the many jobs I've had to do, which I dreaded, particularly in windy weather.