Have Lap, Will Nap!

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What are your cats lap habits?

Lilia, our shy little Bengal.... Greatly prefers my wife over me. BUT, when I am working from home, and there is a chill in the air, I am guaranteed her quiet company all afternoon

June Bug. Loves a lap when cold, overheats easily and often just lays along side me. Very loving at times and often wants to kneed on my bladder (somehow she knows exactly where it is.) This of course makes me feel like I need to visit the bathroom and then she gets frustrated when I get up. I have tried explaining this to her with no results. She likes it best when I settle in to read or watch a movie.

Makena, our large Bengal, does not care to lay on our laps, but will snuggle close. With me he likes to push his rump or back against my leg. Sometimes he will quietly ask me to put a spread some blanket on him to stay warmer. He will let my wife hug him like a stuffed animal.

Once every few weeks, I wash my little fleece blanket to get the accumulated fur off. The cats notice right away and get to work making it look awful again. Heaven forbid there should be anything, especially fleece, that doesn't have their fur on it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bengalcatman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes when Zoey comes to cuddle it's usually up close and personal...View attachment 263226
And this is because her rival Ziva is right on my stomach..;)
You look like you might need a snorkle to breath!

Late this morning I took a short nap - June Bug joined me and purred me to sleep.

The house was a bit chilly.....there is just something about a warm cat, all relaxed and purring, stretched out on my lap or chest....that just knocks me out like a drug! One second I was reading and petting June Bug, the next I had dropped my book and fell sound asleep.