Has this ever happened in your multi kitty household?

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Last night my Daughter and I went for a long drive. After working all day and then taking my daughter to an event that was over an hour away needless to say when we got home at 11:30  I was very tired and went straight to bed. In my haste to get to bed I did not realize that one of my kitties Trinity slipped out into the garage as we were coming in. This is not normal for her. The kitties always greet us in the entryway and follow us in.

This morning as I was having my coffee I heard the faint meow again. As I got up to investigate I noticed that Trinity was not following me into the kitchen with the other 2 kitties Twilight and Amber. My daughter with the other 2 kitties in tow followed the meowing to the garage  to discover that Trinity had spent the night in the garage. When Anna let Trinity in the house Twilight and Amber  began hissing at Trinity like they didn't recognize her.

Although Amber is ok with Trinity now. 7 hours later as I write this post Twilight is still hissing and batting at Trinity. Trinity was just laying on top of the cat tower when Twilight went up there after her to hiss and batt at her until Trinity got down. Then Twilight got down too.

It is like I am introducing a new kitty. Trinity was here first for a few months she was 1 when I brought  4 w/o Twilight home . Trinity was a little skeptical of Twilight at first but nothing like Twilight is treating her now after living together for 9 months now.

I have heard of this aggression happening when you bringing a kitty home to her housemates after just being at the vet. When Twilight first came home from her spay surgery she behaved this way but the vet said that cats can behave  aggressivly  But Trinity only spent the night in the garage!  when recovering from general anasteshia.  Trinity only spent the night in the garage! 

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe she got garage smell on her and it reminded them of recuperation?

Hopefully, they've calmed down a bit now. Fingers crossed!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

caltritwiamb4

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Maybe she got garage smell on her and it reminded them of recuperation?

Hopefully, they've calmed down a bit now. Fingers crossed!
That may be why Twilight had a stronger reaction towards Trinity after being in the garage all night than Amber did.  Maybe it reminded Twilight  of when she went to the vet for her spay surgery. But it seems she would have  had this reaction when I brought Trinity home from the same vet a couple of months back, but she didn't. Also If I remember right Twilight may have been stuck in the garage one time also. Any way she seems ok with her now no more hissing.