Has there been shortage of fancy feast classics?

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
lately I see low shortage of my cat's favorite flavor liver chicken feast. I had to buy friskies version but it stinks so much 🤢 . My cat doesn't like chicken fancy feast so I mixed it up.

Since I had to get friskies can food, will her stomach be upset changing brands? She ate all of it so I'm nervous if this will upset her stomach

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
lately I see low shortage of my cat's favorite flavor liver chicken feast. I had to buy friskies version but it stinks so much 🤢 . My cat doesn't like chicken fancy feast so I mixed it up.

Since I had to get friskies can food, will her stomach be upset changing brands? She ate all of it so I'm nervous if this will upset her stomach
It can upset stomachs, which is why we mix them together for a while until they get used to it, but you don't have that option. If she's kept it down, she should be fine. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

candie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She usually hates her food mix when I mixed liver and chicken with regular chicken. Thanks to this stinky food she doesn't notice at all

It can upset stomachs, which is why we mix them together for a while until they get used to it, but you don't have that option. If she's kept it down, she should be fine. :)

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
If it isn't broken, don't fix it. :lol:

KittyCatCove

Daddy of 4
Adult Cat
Purraise
I've noticed all FF turkey flavors haven't been available for the last several weeks. Maybe due to thanksgiving turkey demand?

zunarj5

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the Petsmarts I've checked, no FF Creamy Delights on the shelf anymore, including the variety packs. Not even any empty spaces for them. I'm fearing that Purina is transitioning FF away from small cans in favor of the pricey Petites split plastic trays the same way Mars got rid of Sheba in cans. You would think the plastic trays would be less expensive since the trays are cheaper than cans, but the companies seem to think the "convenience" factor of having the food pre-portioned merits higher prices.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
In the Petsmarts I've checked, no FF Creamy Delights on the shelf anymore, including the variety packs. Not even any empty spaces for them. I'm fearing that Purina is transitioning FF away from small cans in favor of the pricey Petites split plastic trays the same way Mars got rid of Sheba in cans. You would think the plastic trays would be less expensive since the trays are cheaper than cans, but the companies seem to think the "convenience" factor of having the food pre-portioned merits higher prices.
Sheba is actually having shortages right now. And while I like the portioned fancy feast, I don't like the lack of variety. Whenever I give Delilah fish based foods it doesn't really agree with her tummy.

For a while I could only find the turkey cuts sheba. After just eating turkey she's starting to turn up her nose at it.