Has My Cat Lost Her Kittens??

Motheroftwocats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hi I'm new and concerned about my cat,
So yesterday I could feel the kittens moving in my cats belly. This is her second pregnancy and I can't remember her first. I left the house earlier this morning and came back and it's like her belly looks almost deflated her nipples are still big and pick. We have searched the house and she Definitely not gave birth already and she keeps going behind my sofa where I have laid a box and blankets. Also she rubbed against my leg and her back end was a little wet. The fact that her belly looks skinny than normal is what is concerning me.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on what's going on ???

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She may have "dropped". And the delivery near now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I agree, the kittens have probably dropped lower down near the birth canal. This occurs anywhere from a day or more before labor. The vaginal discharge is normal as well.

She will probably have kittens soon. Keep us posted!

ashade1

Wild and Wonderful Animal Rescue Director
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree it sounds like it will be soon! Are you planning on spaying the momma after this litter? We can help find a low cost clinic near you if you'd like!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Motheroftwocats

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has giving birth to a a kitten but I fortunately the kitten has been still born. I tried heated it up and the did not work the mother hasn't given birth to anymore kittens and is acting normal. This leads me to believe the kitten was perhaps premature. But I am not sure what to do with the dead kitten like where do I put it ?? I understand I have to take it away I'm just not sure what to do with it???

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Bury if can or else wrap it and burn = inpractice lay in the household trash. Be sure its dead of course. Say some prayer if you wish.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There may come more in next days, be prepared. Hopefully alive and well.