Has anyone used "World's Best" litter?

three4rd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,

I'm not sure why I stuck with this stuff as long as I did. I find it has no odor control at all - at least not when you start cleaning out the box. The ammonia smell almost knocks me over. Plus, I don't find that the clumps stay together when you try to scoop them out. So little pieces of soiled litter break up and fall right back into the box. Check out my recent post over on the Behavior side of the forum. I truly think this litter is in great part responsible for my cat peeing on our rug recently. I guess I did a bad thing by only cleaning out the box once a week, but I've been doing that for years with no problem using a plain clay litter.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi,

I'm not sure why I stuck with this stuff as long as I did. I find it has no odor control at all - at least not when you start cleaning out the box. The ammonia smell almost knocks me over. Plus, I don't find that the clumps stay together when you try to scoop them out. So little pieces of soiled litter break up and fall right back into the box. Check out my recent post over on the Behavior side of the forum. I truly think this litter is in great part responsible for my cat peeing on our rug recently. I guess I did a bad thing by only cleaning out the box once a week, but I've been doing that for years with no problem using a plain clay litter.
Yes, I have used it. I stopped using for all the reasons you mentioned plus it's expensive. I had bought it because I had read that it works best with the Omega Paw litter box. I have used other litters with it and have not gone back to WB. 

spidercatshuman

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I like World's best, though I really prefer the walnut-based Naturally Fresh by Blue Buffalo.  It turns white paws slightly brown, but it has very little dust and clumps pretty well if you scoop daily or twice daily.  The dust issue is the most important for me as Peter Parker has issues with any kind of inhaled irritant.

oleander

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I really hate World's Best. I have tried it 3 times and each time I end up with a swarm of fruit flies around my litter boxes. I NEVER have that issue except for with WB. Even if it was free you couldn't get me to bring it in my house.

luv2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to use that but I hated the fine layer of yellow dust all over my house plus the cat's paws also had the stuff on them.  Most of the so-called natural litters don't have good odor control or clumping ability.  WBCL sometimes would have ants in it because it is corn - my one cat would eat the litter when I cleaned out the box and poured in new litter - what can I say, she liked corn.  Choosing litter in the end is what will the cat use consistently, what has good odor control and clumping.  Odor control isn't about perfume but scooping the box on a daily basis, if the box is clean there won't be odor and your cats will use it.  I tried the pine pellets once and my cats hated it because it was hard on their paws - I ended up donating the bag to a shelter.  Good luck in your search.

jc21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It worked okay for me when my kitties where a few months old. Not so great with odor control and my boy ended up having an allergy reaction to it, his paw pads cracked up really bad. I switched to Dr Elsey's and the allergy is gone.

charlismom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Love World's Best, but I have to say I do scoop morning and night and keep it 4 inches deep at all times.  Also, my Charli is raw fed, so the poo doesn't really smell at all.  I have never had that ammonia smell from urine, but since I scoop so often I don't think it really has any time to develop.  I initially started with it because I didn't want her ingesting, as a kitten, anything that would be harmful. I had first tried Sweat Scoop, but bought two bags INFESTED with moths.  The company sent me coupons for new bags, but really who the heck wants to deal with that!  Terrible.  Charli is a digger, and enthusiastic "coverer of poo", so I had to get a deep box, and found bussing trays at the restaurant supply place to be perfect.  The litter doesn't stick at all to it (Charli likes to aim close to the sides), and it's nice and deep.  Whenever I remove a "tennis ball", I replace it with a little scoop of clean litter.  I have never smelled her boxes.  (she has two, one upstairs and one downstairs, but her box of preference is downstairs) 

Clumping litters such as this really need to be scooped at least once a day.   Once a week is way too long to let it go.  Scoop daily, and replace the entire litter in about 6 weeks, if needed. I have to say it's been about 8 weeks now with just scooping and putting a scoop in, and there is still no need to change the whole thing.  There is no smell at all, even if you put your nose right in it.  If it smelled, my husband would be bezerk, as that's one thing he can't stand.

seaturtle

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I started using Arm & Hammer's Clump 'Seal months ago and will not use any other litter now. It is fine, so little tracking, no odor at ALL. lightweight, and the cats love it, too. The other stuff was so heavy and made dust. This doesn't. A bit pricey, but it seems to last even longer than the regular stuff.