Has anyone tried smalls for smalls food?

ty3535

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s quite pricey but I’m looking for something thats easily digestible/easily absorbed for my older IBD cat. Has anyone tried it? He’s really picky so I’m always wary of trying something new. Thanks!!

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Huh... I’ve never even heard of this before. their website is kinda odd. Is this a new brand? The only thing that looks ok was the freeze dried raw. The wet food isn’t terrible other than green beans and peas being listed but I’ve seen better.
The dry is meh. Lots of carb ingredients, would try something like dr elsey or tiki cat before this.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's a TCS thread about Smalls:

It's a subscription meal plan. The food is heavy on veggies which are useless fillers for a cat. Your better off feeding a novel protein LID food or raw or home cooked.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ty3535

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it’s fairly new. It was the most recommended food for cats with digestive issues on a few google searches. The wet pate which is what I’d feed seems ideal but I don’t love the subscription aspect and I’m not sure if the consistency would actually be “pate” which I need because Enzo had a lot of teeth removed several years ago. I tried Dr. Elsley’s and Tiki Cat, he wouldn’t eat either. I
There's a TCS thread about Smalls:

[/URL]

It's a subscription meal plan. The food is heavy on veggies which are useless fillers for a cat. Your better off feeding a novel protein LID food or raw or home cooked.
I’ve tried raw a ton of times, he just won’t transition from wet no matter how long I’ve tried. I don’t mind veggies because of their easy digestion over other fillers but it’s definitely not perfect. I’m trying Instinct Rabbit pate right now but he’s not super thrilled about it, and I don’t want him to lose weight.

ty3535

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it’s fairly new. It was the most recommended food for cats with digestive issues on a few google searches. The wet pate which is what I’d feed seems ideal but I don’t love the subscription aspect and I’m not sure if the consistency would actually be “pate” which I need because Enzo had a lot of teeth removed several years ago. I tried Dr. Elsley’s and Tiki Cat, he wouldn’t eat either. I

I’ve tried raw a ton of times, he just won’t transition from wet no matter how long I’ve tried. I don’t mind veggies because of their easy digestion over other fillers but it’s definitely not perfect. I’m trying Instinct Rabbit pate right now but he’s not super thrilled about it, and I don’t want him to lose weight.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Can you get Almo Nature where you are? They have a line of foods for digestive issues, pates and chunks in gravy. Different flavors.

ty3535

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi! I can, but all of their foods either contain chicken and/or seafood and he can’t have either of those.

ty3535

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! Koha is such a great food but along with all the other really good foods (Ziwi Peak for one) it has New Zealand green mussel which he’s allergic to.

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you!! Koha is such a great food but along with all the other really good foods (Ziwi Peak for one) it has New Zealand green mussel which he’s allergic to.
Not in the limited. I'm seafood allergic and I try to avoid giving Delilah anything with seafood if I can help it.

Here is the ingredients in the lamb:
koha lamb.png

The other Limited Ingredient Diet Shreds are the same, except substitute their protein. Little Miss Fussy Pants won't eat a pate so I only looked at the shreds.

Last edited:

ty3535

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hm maybe they changed the formula for the rabbit which is really the protein I want to give him but this is right from their website for the limited ingredient rabbit
AA5F6DE1-A8DE-42B6-9C4E-CC7DCB2BFB4B.jpeg

ladytimedramon

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It may only be the limited shreds, which right now isn't rabbit. Just lamb, chicken, duck, beef, and turkey. Since the shreds are new, they may add it soon. You could always write them.

Are there any other proteins you would consider? In the Lotus Just Juicy line, they are single protein but not rabbit.

I've been doing a lot of research on this because of my Delilah. But I'm always looking for non pate because she won't eat it.

Last edited:

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wouldn't feed IBD cat the peas of any form or tapioca/other starchy vegetables. How about RAwz, have you tried their pates? They also don't have gums which can also be problematic for IBD cats.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Almo Nature I have seen has a turkey digestive mousse, which did not appear to have chicken or fish but it may be hidden l suppose under animal derivatives.