Has Anyone Tried Okocat Natural Wood Clumping Cat Litter,?

minniesunshine

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have been using Dr Elseys liter for a few years but am not happy with what they put in the liter. It also doesn't clump as well as it used to. I'd love to find a healthier liter for my kitties. I came across this liter. Would love to know if anyone uses it and if it's any good. The reviews on Chewy are good but I trust this site more.

narelle

Lover of Cats and Catfish
Young Cat
Purraise
I use OkoCat. I started out with the standard variety, but ended up switching to the soft step one.

The grain size on the standard was surprisingly large, which is why I switched. So large that some of the litter gets stuck in the slots of my scoop, which has pretty wide slots. My picky cat still used it fine, but compared to the typical clay litter I was used to it seemed exceptionally large.

Okocat clumps pretty well, but nothing like clay litter. You can still end up breaking up the clumps if you overdo it, so you sort of have to adjust the way you scoop and shake it.

It has a little dust, but less than the clay litters I'd used before and way less than the other wood litter I'd tried before, Feline Pine. (Which was WAY too dusty!)

I have very little sense of smell, so I'm not sure how well it conceals the smell of the box. My family does say it smells more strongly than the clay litter, especially right after she's used it.

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I no longer use it but I did try a box when I first got my kitten as I was trying to gauge which litter to keep him on. From what I remember, I did like it. I agree that the pieces were very large and would get stuck in my scoop, so I had to invest in a larger slotted one. Dust was relatively minimal but my kitten did track it slightly. As far as odor control, I thought it did as well as most natural litters.

Overall, I was a fan of it but my biggest issue was how annoying it was to scoop it since the pieces were so large. I would recommend you give it a shot though!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Cat's Best Öko Plus
There are a couple of reviews of it. We use it at the shelter, primarily because it's compostable and readily accepted by the cats. It does a decent job of odor control, but is very easily tracked all over. The clumps have to be given time to set, but that's true of all clumping litters.