Has anyone tried Koha Limited Ingredients Before?

Bel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone,

This website has always been amazing whenever I needed advice about my cats. So my cats have 'complicated' food allergies. For a long time I was convinced that my cats had IBD. But nope! They are just a complicated case. Most foods I've ever tried do not work. With my cats getting as sick as they do I find myself shying away from certain options. One cat food I recently came across was Koha Limited Ingredients. More specifically, it's their kangaroo limited ingredient diet that jumps out at me. I know that a lot of brands tend to use the "limited ingredient" tagline to reel you in. But then it's not really and it can wind up giving your pet even more sensitivities.

Anyway I know that there are some cat gurus on this site who come to my rescue everytime. I did email my vet the ingredient list as he knows my cats very well. So here's the list of ingredients:

Ingredients:
Kangaroo, Vegetable Broth, Olive Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Tricalcium Phosphate, Agar Agar, Pumpkin, Kale, Choline Chloride, Taurine, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Cranberries, Ginger, Turmeric, New Zealand Green Mussel, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Magnesium Proteinate, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Biotin, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Ethylenediamine Dihydroiodide, Folic Acid

Based on these ingredients do you think this would be a good option to attempt? Or have you tried this food before? My cats have been on a vet sensitivity diet for 3.5 years now.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ingredient list is very nice! And kangaroo is definitely a novel ingredient. If your cats can do red meat it sounds like a good option.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ingredient list is very nice! And kangaroo is definitely a novel ingredient. If your cats can do red meat it sounds like a good option.
Thank you for your comment. They do alright on red meat. I'm also pretty confident that the problem with their current food is that there is rice in it so since the beginning it's been stuffing them up. I'm really hoping this one works :)

She's a witch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like Koha. My only problem with this food is that my boy reacts badly to agar-agar, but if your cats are ok with it, I wouldn't hesitate to feed it. If they like it - mine didn't, unfortunately, although they used to love kangaroo back in Europe, different brand.

Rylka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I used the Koha LI turkey for a bit with my allergy cat. It didn't provoke any symptoms, but she didn't like it so I went back to Rawz and Dr Elsey's. I think it's worth trying for your cats!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Rawz Turkey and Chicken for my cat with a sensitive tummy. She like Koha duck but it stunk bad and still had throw up a problem Rawz has less ingredients,only bought online or in a small pet store. I feed her small portions many times a day. I have also started mixing in some tiki after dark. I think that helps somehow