Has anyone taken the Boniva infusion

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am looking for experiences with this drug for Osteoporosis. I am just before getting it done and I am not liking some of the things I read...Thanks in advance if anyone has had it or knows someone that has

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My mom takes the once-a-month pill and has no trouble with it, but no one's ever suggested the infusion to her. I take it your doctor doesn't feel that's adequate for you?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No Carol I can't take the pill I had an extensive surgery last July on my colon and had to have 31 units of blood plus they found ulcers

Susan yes I have read the reviews and didn't care for what I read
I will get the first one but if I get weird that will do it for me

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Honestly Lois, if we read all the possible side effects for any medication, we wouldn't take any of it.
Also, remember that usually the ones that bother writing about their experiences are usually the ones not happy with it. There are probably loads of people who take it and have no issues whatsoever with it.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
MY Aunt took this while in the study phase a number of yrs ago ( ie it was called some other name) ... It worked fine with little side effects for her

I do suggest learning the mechanism of action of such drugs

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Honestly Lois, if we read all the possible side effects for any medication, we wouldn't take any of it.
Also, remember that usually the ones that bother writing about their experiences are usually the ones not happy with it. There are probably loads of people who take it and have no issues whatsoever with it.
Hey Kelly I know about the reading but I am also going to have to take something for Rheumatoid and some of the things are scarey,
I don't think some people know what Arthritis can cause I have personal experience my sister has been on many of those drugs now for about 12 years 2 years ago they found nodules on her lung and did lots of tests and said it is coming from the Rheumatoid and then this last December she was told she has cancer where they were at, she has gone through the Chemo & radiation just finished
I am just overwhelmed with having that and osteoporosis and it is really bad in the red. I know I have to try something for that, but I have decided I don't want to take the drugs for the Rheumatoid, I have never been a big baby but I have been concerned beings that I was so sick last year Leary about everything I almost died and don't want anything to mess up my whole gasto system. I am going to try the infusion and see I have never had reactions to any drugs but if I do I won't take it again
Its just scary

When I started reading some of that stuff I told my hubby I feel like an idiot for reading it and being concerned and he said well ignorance isn't bliss
I know I am the one who needs to figure out what is best for me its just tough.