Has anyone heard about Kitty chups and what do you think?

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't understand the point. Why not just give a piece of chicken? Who even knows what their source of 'chicken protein' is. They make a lot of claims that they can't back up with actual evidence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't understand the point. Why not just give a piece of chicken? Who even knows what their source of 'chicken protein' is. They make a lot of claims that they can't back up with actual evidence.
That's why 'im asking here lol. I'm very skeptical about it. I think the point is its very attracting to the cat. I know for a fact if i gave my cat a piece of chicken he wouldn't touch it. But he would def want to lick something hanging on the wall

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it also sounds like they are making absurd claims that your cat will drink more water which makes me suspect that there is some kind of sodium or salt additive meant to dehydrate the cat so that they drink water. Cats are not supposed to drink water from a hole; they are meant to obtain water from their food. If a food is making a cat thirsty it means the food is dehydrating the cat which can be dangerous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dave8014

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, it also sounds like they are making absurd claims that your cat will drink more water which makes me suspect that there is some kind of sodium or salt additive meant to dehydrate the cat so that they drink water. Cats are not supposed to drink water from a hole; they are meant to obtain water from their food. If a food is making a cat thirsty it means the food is dehydrating the cat which can be dangerous.
Yea I agree. Fortunately I only feed wet food. The reason I was curious was because people said it boosts the immune system. I was very skeptical about that part. Probably just fake claims. I wont get it

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I thought about getting them to amuse the cats, but I wouldn't expect any health benefits. It's just a kitty lollipop.

Nibberoo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know this is an older post, but I created an account just to give some details and warning about this product (specifically the "brand" Kitty Chups aka Vitacat) in case anyone is thinking of trying it.

I bought these from kittychups.com just to try them -- don't get em, they're made in China, ingredients are not as advertised, and I highly doubt they're organic. I didn't believe all the supposed health benefits, but I was expecting to get a treat of reasonable quality. Despite all their claims, I received treats that had packaging with Chinese and Russian writing, no English at all, so I couldn't even read the ingredients or flavor.

Wish.com is selling the same treats in the same exact packaging for just 96 cents for 1 treat. I was able to find an ingredient list on wish.com and it's mostly "fish glue", specifically from goldfish. This Kitty Chups company seems to just be reselling cheap treats at a jacked up price and using hype words and fancy descriptions as well as misrepresenting the ingredients. I hope it's okay to post this, they just seem to be a really dishonest business so I hope to prevent them from tricking more people.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, my bullshit alarm went off about 0.68 seconds after I clicked onto that website.

First of all, $7.00 for a single cat treat? No freakin' way! Not even if it was made from Essence of Unicorn's Horn!

Second, look at all the reviews at the bottom of the page. Every single one is a five-star review and every one is written in Pidgin English. (English that is written by somebody who is not a native English Speaker.) 490 glowing five-star reviews out of 520 but not one, single bad review? That's not possible! It's obviously a page full of shill reviews. They were all probably all written by the same person, too.

Right then and there, I would never buy anything from that website. Don't get me started on all the rest of the BS that's on that page!

A healthy treat? Nope! The two words, "healthy" and "treat" are mutually exclusive.
If it's a treat it's not healthy. If it's healthy it's not a treat.
We can say that one treat is not as UN-healthy as another but no treat can be considered health food.
Sure, I'd rather see kids eating an apple instead of a candy bar but, guess what? Apples contain sugar and excess calories that people don't need to eat outside of their regular, daily diet. You can get fat from eating apples, too. Not just candy.
Sure! It takes a lot fewer candy bars to make a person get fat than it takes by eating apples but excess calories are excess calories, no matter what the source. There is one and only one way to eat healthy. Stop eating crap!

Like Nibberoo Nibberoo says, that company takes cheap goods, sells them on the internet with a jacked up price using flowery language but, when you look for more than half a second, it ends up being BS.

Don't fall for it!

Glennwoods

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes we purchased Kitty Chups recently and our cat showed not interest in the treat. Upon inspection we found that the product was two months expired and attempted to contact the company for a refund. Kitty Chups didn't even extend the courtesy of a response. Don't waste your money.